PDA

View Full Version : Lenthalls session. 16th Feb.

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Headed off to Lenthalls this arvo with BigDan123 for a session. Got out there around 4.00 pm, after the slow hike up the crappiest dirt road Ive seen in a while.

Flicked some diving lures around for a little while with Danny getting a short lived hook up. Decided to try out some surface lures for some reasonable success. Resulted in Dan bringing in 4 Bass ( 2 x 49cm ) and me landing 2 Bass and 2 Barra ( 1 x 58cm that put on a great aerial show. ) not to mention we dropped about 6 or so fish each. I had a very memorable trip landing my first impoundment Barra & Bass. I also had a fairly spectacular bust off on 10 Lb braid, got smashed 6 ft from the boat. I had a great time, best couple of hours Ive fished in a while.

BigDan's 1st Bass for the arvo.

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:31 PM
My 1st Bass.

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Dans 49cm Bass.

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:33 PM
My 1st Barra ( 58cm ) the other one was last years release ( 20cm ).

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:35 PM
On the brag mat.

And of course a well deserved thank you to Dan for putting me onto some good fish.

Big_unit
16-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah I did notice that the bigger Bass all seem to be infested with hook worms pretty badly.

Saw the signs that have been erected recently, see picture below -

Then just as we were heading out some turkey comes roaring past us at full noise, Dan even tried to signal the 4 knot limit but the turkey just nodded his head and kept on at full bore. Its tools like that, they will give the greenies and the authorities the fuel they need to enforce absolutely ridiculous restrictions on us as rec fishos.

Cheers
James

TIM-DONSELAAR
17-02-2006, 02:29 AM
look like the slow hike up the crappiest dirt road was well worth it

some nice fish there guys

cheers tim #:)

Gutsy
17-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Great effort guys. Well worth the time spent on the water.

McCod
17-02-2006, 09:23 AM
On ya James [smiley=thumbsup.gif] . Congrats on the first bass & Barra.

Cheers Les

Herby13
17-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Well done guys. Which leg of the dam did you fish? i went there a while abck and got like 4 fish for the day, pretty dissapointing i thought. :(

TonyM
17-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Way to go Big Fella! #:)

I imagine now you're starting to realise why we don't mind leaving the salt for a little sweetwater fishing every now and again #;)

I spent yesterday working on the little crawdad, I just have to get the hole I found in the floor plastic welded up and I'll be ready to give it the maiden voyage out at lenthalls #:)

p.s. I'm glad you put a pic on the brag mat as well to show the actual size of the Barra - Next to a big fella like you that barra looked a lot smaller!

Big_unit
17-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks fellas for the positive comments.

Herby13,
I just think we were fortunate to get onto a reasonable patch of water at the right time. Dan knows the dam very well and that accounts for a lot in my opinion. We went into a leg past Swan Bay, I cant tell you anymore than that.

Tony,
Ill give you a call soon.

Cheers
James

cabfisher
18-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Oh yeah I did notice that the bigger Bass all seem to be infested with hook worms pretty badly. #
Hi So what are Hook worm? please explan Can you still eat these fish? as I havent heard of them befor
With thanks Harry

Saw the signs that have been erected recently, see picture below -

Then just as we were heading out some turkey comes roaring past us at full noise, Dan even tried to signal the 4 knot limit but the turkey just nodded his head and kept on at full bore. Its tools like that, they will give the greenies and the authorities the fuel they need to enforce absolutely ridiculous restrictions on us as rec fishos.

Cheers
James

Big_unit
18-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I am not exactly sure what Hookworms are in fish ( They are a parasite that is under the skin around the gills and tail from my observation ),

Perhaps Dan or someone else can answer that better than me ?

Cheers
James

fad
19-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Some good fish there big unit too bad the guide could not produce last week :D :D :D.

Big_unit
20-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Cheers Adam, the guide has been re-instated after this trip, but he is on a trip by trip status.

;D ;D ;D

When are you heading back up this way ?

Cheers
James

fad
21-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Big Unit doing 2 trips south then maybe a fraser trip in july if keen 2 spin up some tailor :) :) :).

Big_unit
21-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Sounds good to me. ;) ;) :)

Our guide assures me that he will not lower himself by replying to our comments and deliberate taunts.

;D

Cheers
James

fad
22-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Thats because he has to learn to read first ;D ;D ;D.

Big_unit
22-02-2006, 11:08 AM
LMAO. I forgot the Shrekmeister cant read.

Cheers
James

TonyM
22-02-2006, 11:17 AM
methinks the crafty Kookaburra is sitting in his tree chuckling ;) ;D

hmmmm It's about time for another Fraser trip for me too - Might see if I can head over around then too Adam

Guide? :o Geez now he won't be able to get through the door with his ego going overtime! :-X ;D

fad
22-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Gday tony it would be a pleasure to have a gentleman along.Iam not worried about shrekmeisters ego fitting throuth the door its the rest of his buffalo size anatomy that worries me ;D ;D ;D

Big_unit
22-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Buffalo sized anatomy. ROFLMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
James

TonyM
23-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds good Adam (now all I have to do is get the brownie points back out of deficit)

It's allright for you guys to get him all riled up - He only lives a few blocks from me and at 6' I'm only a little fella in comparison which makes me nervous :-X :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Big_unit
23-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Tony,
# #Dont worry too much about Buffashrek, if he gets out of hand give us a buzz and Ill call security for you.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
James

Buffashrek - thats farkin funny #;) ;)

Jack_Lives_Here
28-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Was most likely on the water at the same time. Didn't think the road was too bad - u haven't been to the cape huh? Top little spot and some great surface action. I heard yesterday that the sign has been doctored and should read - camping is not permitted.

Big_unit
28-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Jackliveshere,
Where you the guys in the Polycraft and Ford Courier ute ? or the Hilux with the car topper ?

:)

Cheers
James

Jack_Lives_Here
01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I was in a silver 4.5m plate Fisher "Fly's Eyes". Fished Friday arvo and Sat morning and took off after breakfast.

Big_unit
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
You must have been there at a different time to us, I think ?

Cheers
James