PDA

View Full Version : Friday At Hinze

Cloud_9
10-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Gaday all
had a day off today and just had to go fishing again, well someone has to do it tuff.
anyway i was talking to a guy from the tackle shop who had been up here the other day
( wednesday).
he said the fishing was pretty good for hinze now and i should try up at the#$@#%^&*&^%$ and he got quite a few.
well as luck had it i got a day off and the weather looked ok and everything .
i had a plan to fish 1 KG pretest. cos bass fishing was good fun on lite gear.
put in at 5:30 am at the $%$#$@ ramp and fished where the guy said they were biteing wednesday
well it the old saying they were biteing yesterday and tomorrow.
so i tried some other spots and i was starting to get a bit disheartened NO FISH,
then after a cast and letting it hit bottom i must have paused then started the retreave and the line took off. the first fish on 1 KG.
it mite sound pissweak but with hair size line and 4/5ths and Fu$% all drag its alot of fun.
the fisrt fish went 31cm and .38Kg.
the next fish was a bit better at 33cm and .51Kg.
the last fish of the morning went pretty hard and bricked me in the weeds( dround grass)
i had to motor up over it and give it some encoragement and a bit of slack and it tookoff for a new snag.
but it didn't makeit.
after a little easy, easy ( talking to my self ) i had a pretty average Bass in the net.
i say average because it was a little skinny and at 40cm neat it weighed .7 Kg
i was happy with my first effort with 1 kg . i have a few more Bass trips this month .
i have a couple pics from hinze here too. the water is at 100% capasitity, which makes some of the ramps fun to use had to back in to knee deep water to get the boat off.
heres the 40cm and the water level to follow.
till next trip.
Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
heres the water level as full as it gets.

Cloud_9
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
and heres the Charter Shed that used to be all the way up the top of the ramp.
on the other side the rowing shed is beach side too you can sit under the roof and fish in the shade. :o
till next one
Cheers Cloud 9

11-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Is that up the top of the eastern arm cloudy where the in-take tower is ?

flickflack
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
That water looks nice and clean.

Cloud_9
11-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Tri
i run into the other feller from mossips there.
he said you cleaned up.
what surface lures are you useing, a pic would be good!

1337, not the eastern arm.

rod , the water is clean at the wall but up the back it's a bit dirty but not muddy.

Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
11-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Rod where did you get the 2 lb braid your useing.
i can't find any up here in brisvagas or beenleigh.
and Dougies doesn't stock it ether.
Cloud 9

matthill80
11-03-2006, 08:45 PM
i know they have the platypus 2 lb pretest at the tac#le wharehou#e

Elysium
12-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Bass on light gear is exceptional stuff...I have a rod geared up on 2lb line for when I want to have a bit of fun like that. I have been known to tie on a TN50 at clarrie...Now that is heart racing stuff!

But on another note...I thought keeping fishing spots secret #:-X (especially in dams) were a thing of the past...especially when you didnt catch any fish in those spots. #:P

Maybe you should tell us where you went, so we all know where NOT to go. #;D ;D ;D

But on another note again....If you think finding the fish in Hinze is hard now...you wait till they raise the dam wall by 9mtrs (I think that is correct). Have seen a topographical map of the new proposed waterline, its going to nearly double the water capacity of the dam.

flickflack
12-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Jamie I got it from Lorrie at Mo's. But I think a few of the guys will have it soon because there was a bit of a waiting list.

I havent broken it yet , seems to be good stuff. I have had the 4lb on my reels now for about 2 years so it must be good.

Give me a shout if you go up there again , maybe i'l tag along.

Rod

Cloud_9
12-03-2006, 03:17 PM
no probs rod. i'm lead to beleave that i have some time off coming soon deu to a contract falling through. so a couple trips will be in order.
elysium.
you can't give too much away now can you.
as i'm to beleave that tuesday/wednesday were the hot days this week.
summerset fired too on the same days.
why was that?
barrometer was at 1008 and riseing.
friday was 1018 and droping a little.
what happened to 1020 fishaplenty??

o well .
im targeting bass for all this month. so a few more trips yet.
Cheers Cloud 9

Toppy
13-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Good on ya cloud 9, I'm glad some fish are still being caught after all that rain. There is an electric bass comp in a few weeks & I hav'nt been able to pre fish up there lately. Curious to know, was Brandon @ Gold Coast Tackle the one that filled you in?
He has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Hinze!
Its also interesting that the fish where close to the bottom, the method you used was the same that worked at Clarrie Hall a few weeks ago when the water rose.
Cheers
Toppy

Cloud_9
15-03-2006, 05:57 AM
toppy.
think it was Tri from Mossops. for early week report and logan river marine for wednesday report.
on that subject of and i've read that summerset fished well on the same days.
Saturday the fishing was strange too.
fished the other end and schooling fish all over the sounder , when i dropped plastic into the thick of it and hopped it they pecked the plastic and thats it.
Cheers Cloud 9
ps hav'nt fished Clarrie for about 6 months. apparently it's going over the top there too about a foot deep. hinze should be running over now too.

15-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey cloudy,

Which end of the dam did you fish on Sat?

Regards
CT