PDA

View Full Version : Carp and Cod From Tenterfield

LCC
18-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Guys,
had a few days at a farm near Tenterfield, It was fantastic, spent the whole time fishing
riding trail bikes, Shooting and 4x4ing.

After posting for advice on catching carp, used the advice and caught around 12, they put up a good fight for there size. Lost a couple of bigger ones. see pic

Young Dan achieved one of his fishing goals, to catch a Murray Cod on a lure. Ihave attached the pic. Well done Dan persistance pays off!

The cod fishing in all was slow, My only cod went around 450mm and was caught on a popper
before the sun hit the water.

Cheers
Stephen

LCC
18-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Carp

bdowdy
19-04-2006, 10:39 AM
:)gday lcc im happy to see you had a few good days in my area. nice little cod congrats to young dan. the fishing does slow up a bit at this time . any how its good to see you enjoyed the stay,cheers bdowdy ;)

LCC
19-04-2006, 09:08 PM
bdowdy,

You live in a beaut part of the world, we been heading to that farm stay for about 12years now every Easter, I have caught up to 10 cod of the easter break before but put in some long hours!

Be there next Easter maybe you could help me out with some local knowledge?

Cheers
Stephen

mad_keen_fisherkid
20-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey steven

Heard you've been sick?
I thought u said that u werent goin to post the murray cod?
Oh well i posted it to.
Its not a very good picture of the carp aye?

Daniel

bdowdy
20-04-2006, 10:53 AM
:)hi stephen , ill hav to agree on that it is a great area to live. and yes ill give you some local knowledge if im here at easter, usually i go away.cheers bdowdy. ;)

ibbo
20-04-2006, 04:38 PM
LCC tell me about farm stay at tenterfield sounds interesting, family friendly?

mad_keen_fisherkid
21-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Steven r u goin to pu the pictures of the river on ausfish?

mad_keen_fisherkid
21-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Ill tell u 1 thing its the best fun ull ever have! ;D ;D ;D

LCC tell me about farm stay at tenterfield sounds interesting, family friendly?

LCC
21-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Ibbo,

Sorry mate cant divulge that sort of info, Lets just say there are lots of farm stays in that area. If your keen enough you will find one, just like we did!

Dan
Yes i can if you want.

Stephen

caveman
23-04-2006, 08:50 PM
LCC can i ask what sort of $$$ they ask for these farm stays

LCC
24-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Caveman,
They are probably #all different, this one is very rustic, eg; water is straight out of the river, no water pressure between 5-8pm, sleeps 10 adults and 1 baby, it is the old shearers quarters and is probably around 100 -120 years old. The price is $120 for the first night and $60 for each night after that.

We have a fair tribe down there and it comes to around $15 per head per night!

My Ma & Pa found this one 11years ago and we have had it every easter since and I have booked it for Easter for the next 20 years! I love the place and my 3 year old son does to.

Looking forward to next year already!

Stephen

caveman
24-04-2006, 08:28 PM
mate it wouldn't matter if it were 500yrs old as long as you enjoy it #aye, i am lucky that i have a place where i can stay for free, but i wouldn't mind finding some county futher up the mole river to chase some of those gorge country cod, have you tried spinner-baits lures for the cod

LCC
28-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Caveman,
yes i have and the red and black skirt is the winner , I also would like to have a look at that gorge country, I havent as much tiime to fish now with the kiddies in tow. where you stay is it close to the farm were at?

Cheers
Stephen