PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane river

BlitzBaga
17-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Fished the brisbane river this morning, went upstream from kookaburra park. Caught 2 gar that actually jumped into me and into the boat, they must of liked my shirt colour. I didn't have a camera so I took this with my phone.

Cheers
Murray

choppa
17-04-2006, 05:15 PM
don't know about ya shirt color murray.... hope it didn't clash with ya thongs ;D

ya don't play chess while ya waiting 4 a bite do ya????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

BlitzBaga
17-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Hmmmmm, maybe the gar liked the checkered thongs. Not belonging to me either, my sons.

StevenM
17-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Easy fishing when that happens murray.

Good on the toothe those suckers as well

cheers

steven

Broken_Bibs
17-04-2006, 08:23 PM
If you were trolling a wooden blitzbagga i would say it rounded them up and chased them into the boat and you shirt was just somewhere to hide.So now your Bill fishing.

Cheers
Greg

nabs12
17-04-2006, 10:08 PM
hey
Nice gar there, Do u get any decent size fish around there?

BlitzBaga
18-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Nothing else, just 2 gar that fell into the boat that i let go. We did see a shark that was at least 5ft sitting in the shallow running water and when it spotted us it took flight and created a huge wake as it took off.. Maybe next time we should rig up for shark fishing. As for bill fishing Greg, that would be the closest I'll ever get to it.

Murray

FISH_mad_POM
22-04-2006, 10:22 PM
SHARKS !!! in the river ?? looks like im gonna have to change my fishing tactics from the UK when i finally get out there in 5 months or so`s time ??

not sure what tacke to bring with me and what to get rid of before we leave , any advice anyone ?? :-/

White_Steenbras
16-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Lucky catch and release.

karana
17-05-2006, 07:54 AM
What part of England and what do you fish for?

Had a memorable afternoon catching coalies off the Craster wall a few years ago. The four pound cod rounded off the afternoon sure turned a few of the big gear fishermen green that day, it is wonderful what a handline and some smoked kipper for bait can do. Got a wonderful salmon in the Coquet on the same trip.

FISH_mad_POM
19-05-2006, 10:14 PM
What part of England and what do you fish for?

Had a memorable afternoon catching coalies off the Craster wall a few years ago. The four pound cod rounded off the afternoon sure turned a few of the big gear fishermen green that day, it is wonderful what a handline and some smoked kipper for bait can do. Got a wonderful salmon in the Coquet on the same trip.
i fish on the lakes and rivers mainly as im too far from the coast ! im in brackley - just round the corner from silverstone race track !
in the rivers its barbel,chubb and perch and the lakes is manly carp , tench and bream
barbel go like rockets and weigh up to 14lb ( my piccy is a 12lb 2oz ) chubb go to 7lb odd and the perch are one of our only predetary fish along with pike so i lure fish for em with a 8ft spinning rod and small fixed spool reel or a big juicy worm pumped with air the make it flap about in the current as it floats down the river under a big float !
the lakes are manly corn, luncheon meat , trout pellet or boiled paste baits fished static on the bottom with loose feed around the hair rigged hook bait .

looks like i got a lot of learning to do ??

BlitzBaga
22-05-2006, 08:06 PM
hey Mad Pom, just bring all of your gear, you never know what species you will target.