PDA

View Full Version : My dam-Bass...

nabs12
26-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey guys
After only catching 2 very small bass in my dam so far i was getting quite annoyed with it. The bass have been there for around 18months and due to some reason are growning very slowly. So I decided to try and catch a few spangle perch for fun on the SPs.
Started off with a few small ones on the 2inch gulp grub which was the usual. After things slowed down i tried a lot of different retrieves just to vary it up to see if i could get em back on the bite.. didint work..
After i had threw a wide cast i brought it back infast and wen it was about 3 meters from the shore, it got smashed by a nice little bass. After short fight i brought him at and measure it at 25cm...a new PB for me ;D wasnt very big but at least those bass are growing!

Heres some pics

nabs12
26-04-2006, 08:03 PM
another pic

blue-mako
26-04-2006, 08:13 PM
u have to let me fish ther sum time mate:P u can have my barra hes 50cms if i cant fish ther a few times!??? is that a gud trade? haha!

cheers, troy

Canoedle
26-04-2006, 09:38 PM
that's a big plastic for a little bass, maybe you need to introduce some more food for the little fellas, he does look hungry. :P

nabs12
26-04-2006, 09:58 PM
lol, its just a 2inch grub...not that big. I think the pic just makes it look big.
haha some of the spangle perch that i get on em are like 10cm!
Oh yeh sorry bout the crap quality pics..its from my phone

TIM-DONSELAAR
27-04-2006, 11:51 PM
it must be great to have your own dam that has fish in it....I'm so jealous #:'(

i might start stocking the swimming pool in the backyard #;D ;D#

cheers tim #:D

nabs12
31-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey guys
Heres a quick update of how my dams been going recently..
BASS! been getting quite a few recently.. Not size but still really good fun..
Heres a pic.. If it works

Cheers

Feral
01-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Bloke across the road from me has silver perch in his dam. Stocked them years ago and never fishes for them.

During the school holidays the kids from up the road wait for him to go to work, then trundle down with their fishing gear. THey have a few hours catch and releasing before trundling off again.

They get a few, you can hear them when they get one, rather loud as ten year olds tend to be when having fun. ;D