PDA

View Full Version : moogerah rubbish

Smailesy
12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Went to moogerah on tuesday on the advise from THE COWBOY, that we will catch big bass on the flats in about 5 metres of water as well as an edge bite in the morning.
Best part about the morning was the fog rolling in over the mountains. It is a "marine desert".
Went into the gorge and got a few fits on spinner baits, got absolutely smashed by a big eel which destroyed the spinner bait. Not much water in the dam, two other boats where fishing with bait and also got nothing.

Smailesy

Az
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
yeh mate i've never done any good there, only time i did was when there was much more water in the lake, maroon is supposed to fish a lot better

Smailesy
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
it is very low around 8% iv been told

Canoedle
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
At least there wouldn't have been any skiers there. ;D

bdowdy
13-07-2006, 08:57 AM
:)ive always got some nice bass when i go to moogerah45cm and 40cm average fish. cheers bdowdy ;D

ibbo
13-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Never caught any bass there, mainly silvers and yellas but not for a long time :-[

But when the water is low there are no lice (skiers) :) :)

There will still be fish in there just have to find them i suppose

Cheers

IBBO

Smailesy
13-07-2006, 01:28 PM
At least there wouldn't have been any skiers there. ;D

bad news there was still one there he must realy no the dame it was shallow in a few spots

gav39
13-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey IBBO i have posted those pics of the big bass and yella my mate caught at somerset. We are of to clarrie hall dam this sunday, fingers crossed.

Ps. his son caught the yellowbelly

BassCowboy
14-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Smailsey

Did you get a few hits or a few fits do not understand your lingo, mate a day on the dam actually includes fishing and not keeping that esky good company.
Was the fog in the air or in your head???
I can only give you two blokes some advice, next time you go I'll come get a fish on the line and let you guys wind it in.......
It sounds like there was a heap of hopless loosers on Moogerah that day,
Get a real job, too, and we need a new president and editor,

Cheers

THE COWBOY BASS CATCHER MOOGERAH 1 FISH PER TRIP AT LEAST % FISH PER TRIP AVERAGE

Smailesy
15-07-2006, 10:20 AM
cowboy that hurt iv got feelings to

BassCowboy
16-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Smailsey,

There is one thing in your report I believe is correct, that is that the Dam is at 8%. I also believe that your Deckie has a story of 1 lost almost 2 Jackalls, sounds like he is hopeless on yours and my boat,

All geared up for TURKEY BEACH, I think that its going to blow charles' mind, shit hot up there.

I told him of the trip up, Lake BOrumba, Isis Balancing, Lake Monduran, Lake Lenthalls, Lake Awoonga, etc etc,

When talking to Deckie ask him of fishing options given to him and which one he took up, his choice not mine, first trip of no Bass in quite some time, logistically very difficult impoundment he chose.

Anyway I still think you an charles are loosers, but I'm only human.

I have to go to Charletons now.

CHEERS BIG FELLA

CHRIS

Smailesy
16-07-2006, 02:03 PM
eat me cowboy and leave my decky alone

BassCowboy
17-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Smailsey

The Cowboy has feelings too, talking about food I'm starving must nearly be tea time.

Cheers

Smailesy
17-07-2006, 09:39 PM
see you after turky mate

BassCowboy
18-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah hope all the boys have good and safe one, catch heaps,

Will be up Bundy way for Bass Elec this w-end, going in for operation next tues, hope he doesnt slip and get my old fella.