PDA

View Full Version : 2 best jackall lures?

woody74
30-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi all. Looking at buying a jackall or two ::), and was wondering if you could buy only a couple, what would be the best choice? Looking at targeting bass in local dams, so any help will be great. And also, are they only used for bass or will anything have a go at them? CHEERS woody.

gav39
30-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi Woody,
I have about 8 different sorts of Jackall's before i answer your question where are your local dams, in other words where do you live ? There is 1 in particular i use out at the hinze dam and it works very well i will post the name soon as i have to go and have a look. I have about 6 of the same Jackall in 3 different sizes.

gav39
30-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I think they are called GHOST, these work very well at Hinze dam and Clarrie hall. They are a army green colour on top with a clear under belly and you can see the little silver ballls inside.

woody74
30-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi gav, live in Toowoomba, so fish cressbrook, summerset, bp, cooby, wivenhoe geezz what else ::) , but mainly cressy. Only 45mins from tmba , so that means more time on the water for me ;D. CHEERS woody

tiges
31-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Woody, the ghost ayu colour that gav39 mentioned are my fav too. I'g go for one in a mask vib (soft body) and one as a regular tn60. The mask vib has been working great for me in the impoundments lately. Took the missus out y'day arvo. We both hooked up first cast to good fish, unfortunately the little area we were working has a bit of structure on the bottom, and both fish ran in opposite directions and bricked us both. After mucking around for a while, was unable to extricate them, ended up losing both lures. Which happened to be the only mask vib's I had >:(. Only got 2 more fish for the session, one on a purple tn60 and one on a beetlespin. I was cursing the fact that I didn't have more mask vib's in the tackle box.

gav39
31-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey Woody that is the one i use mostly, the same one as Tiges, i mainly use the all solid ones TN60 it is a very popular lure in most dams around the south east Qld. i also have the TN50 and TN70 just different sizes and weight. I also have a sliver one with a red head caught 6 on that one a few weeks ago out at hinze dam. I am going up to somerset on the 21 st of september for 9 days so if you are in the area let me know. To cut a long story short diffinitely get yourself a couple AYU ghost TN60 jackalls.

thunnus
31-07-2006, 10:50 PM
For me HL Shad in TN60 and Pearl Ayu in a Mask Vib60.

Plasticin
01-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Mask Vib60 in pearl ayu at somerset

Sniper
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Mask Vib in Pearl Wagasaki does it for me. Also, Ayu TN60's but seem to prefer the mask vibes these days. But they all have a place at some time or another. I personally like any colour with a touch of purple or natural colours.
Cheers
Billyboy.
P.S. Thunnus, how did you and Kyle end up on sunday afternoon? I saw you out there as I drove past. Did anyone say anything?

hardb8
03-08-2006, 07:59 PM
TN/60 Champagne Tiger

TN/50 HL Shad

Regards hardb8 ;)

drdonjuan9
04-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Go the Ghost Ayu, Kinkuro, Black.
The mask vibs 60 work well too (soft ones)

Cheers :D

woody74
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
thanks for the replyies fellas, got a ghost ayu, and a TN/60 army green with clear belly. Photos in my report.

thunnus
06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Bill - did ok, few bass and 'poons.

went back this arvo, got a few bass till we put a star picket through the bottom of the hull. "you hear water Jus?" "yet........oh sh$t". hehehe

down to the welders tomorrow morn.

how did you end up today?

cheers, Justin