PDA

View Full Version : Hungry bass

tiges
18-08-2006, 10:35 PM
How's this hungry bass. He was so full of food, yet he still totally engulfed my lure right down the back of his throat. Then proceeded to chunder up a boney bream. Unfortunately in the process of being hooked so deep in the throat he was losing a bit of blood. Let him go, but despite swimming away strongly, I doubt he would've made it. Probably should've kept him, but have never kept a bass yet in some 15+ yrs of fishing for them. Couldn't bring myself to do, so gave him a shot at survival. Hope he made it.

Kayak1
19-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Awesome. One thing that continues to amaze me is how slow they grow when you consider their aggression and their appetite. Thanks for giving it a chance at survival Tiges, they're too good to catch just the once that's for sure. I'm pretty sure it will be right, they're fighters. I've caught a few with only one eye....a legacy of a previous encounter with a treble no doubt.....but still in excellent condition and full of fight.

Cheers,
Steve.

warrior
19-08-2006, 04:30 PM
these fish must have good success rates after release as you never seem to see many floating around after comps and other events