PDA

View Full Version : winter bass going off

elephrez1
22-08-2006, 07:25 PM
me and the cowboy went out for a early morning fish at the local dam. the morning was slow with 1 silver and 1 50 cm yella and a small bass. We move spots to find some schooled bass. we were getting them by slowly trolling jackalls around till we found the schools and casted them up.
I was fish with 2kg mono, so i could achieve some hundred pointers( if you are an ANSA member you would know what i'm talking about.

all in all it was a great day on the water with a loss of count on how many fish we caught,

Elephrez................................

elephrez1
22-08-2006, 08:59 PM
;)

elephrez1
22-08-2006, 09:05 PM
;)

elephrez1
22-08-2006, 09:07 PM
;)

woody74
22-08-2006, 09:13 PM
bloody hell :o good fish there elephres1. What local dam would that be my friend?

gregdeeth
23-08-2006, 08:11 AM
nice fishes

aaron_gilmour
23-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Looking at those pics I would say Moogerah dam ;)

Congrats on the good bass. I have not really done well there and usually fish maroon instead. Are the bass starting to school in the deeper water? Did you try any edges as well?

Cheers
Aaron

Smailesy
23-08-2006, 09:55 AM
have i lost my decky dont you want to chase tuna anymore CHARLES i am upset now good fish mate and boy o boy the cowboy is one ugly man

mikedel
23-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Nice bag. What`s it like for launching and retrieving at Moogerah? eg. do I need a 4wd?
Cheers MD

Smailesy
23-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Nice bag. What`s it like for launching and retrieving at Moogerah? eg. do I need a 4wd?
Cheers MD
mate if the cowboy put his boat in its fine . Charles and i were up there 2 weeks ago ive got a high trailer for driving on the beach so i need a bit of water we had no worries mate plenty of water near the ramp.if it rains up there you may need a 4b then

chicken
23-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice catch charles did you catch them all and get cowboy to hold them up for you.

Creek_Vermin
23-08-2006, 05:01 PM
G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year.

chicken
23-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Whats with the beanie charles you know there is only one kind

elephrez1
23-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Nice catch charles did you catch them all and get cowboy to hold them up for you.

THATS A GOOD CALL, I WILL PAY THAT ONE

elephrez1
23-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Cheers MD

LAUNCHING IS A LITTLE TUFF YOU HAVE DRIVE A FAR BIT INTO THE WATER TO GET YOUR BOAT OFF

elephrez1
23-08-2006, 05:31 PM
[quote author=Creek Vermin link=1156238740/0#11 date=1156316470]G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year. [/quot

NICE LOOKING JACK..
YOU WILL HAVE TALK TO WILL IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE COMP, HAVE FUN.........LOL

ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE SHOW ME HOW TO CATCH REAL FISH

elephrez1
23-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Looking at those pics I would say Moogerah dam ;)

Congrats on the good bass. I have not really done well there and usually fish maroon instead. Are the bass starting to school in the deeper water? Did you try any edges as well?

Cheers
Aaron

WE DID TRY THE EGDERS, COWBOY CAUGHT A SILVER AND THAT WAS IT

StevenM
23-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Healthy looking critters

Cheers

Steven

chicken
23-08-2006, 08:00 PM
G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year.
Hey keith you and the angry one only won comp because me and smailesy decided not to fish to give everyone a chance ;)

Creek_Vermin
24-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Everyone knows that you and smailesy are the bass guns chicken. I think it's great that you love these terrific sportfish

Smailesy
24-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Everyone knows that you and smailesy are the bass guns chicken. I think it's great that you love these terrific sportfish

you are on drugs Keith

Canoedle
24-08-2006, 06:02 PM
;D

chicken
24-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey keith I like to give the bass a sporting chance by giving them 30mins to 1hr to grab the lure then it's back to camp to sit in the shade out of the hot sun with the esky by my side.

Creek_Vermin
24-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Don't need to tell me that chicken. I'v seen you and your mate in action under the tarp. Was there a hotter place on earth than when that bloody somerset comp was held last year. You guys might have to take th winnings this year. Me and chris are still waiting for our certificate from last year. That big slack plumbin prick has lived up to his name.

chicken
24-08-2006, 08:24 PM
The cowboy will be happy if you don't show up keith he might be a chance.It's going to be just as hot this year. Although there is even less water now so I might be a chance of catching something. NAH!

chicken
24-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Don't need to tell me that chicken. I'v seen you and your mate in action under the tarp. Was there a hotter place on earth than when that bloody somerset comp was held last year. You guys might have to take th winnings this year. Me and chris are still waiting for our certificate from last year. That big slack plumbin prick has lived up to his name.
Get onto smailesy he is el presidentay

elephrez1
24-08-2006, 09:41 PM

yeah I'm still waiting on mine as well.

Smailesy
25-08-2006, 08:39 AM
its only a piece of paper you big girls

elephrez1
25-08-2006, 10:17 AM
its only a piece of paper you big girls

your jelous you didn't get one, oh thats right your a trophy hunter. ;D ;D ;D

BassCowboy
25-08-2006, 06:52 PM
It was a good day out, I did a run up to somerset on the Sunday, 3 yellows and 12 Bass, all around 2kg mark, hit the flats for first couple of fish then located some good bait concerntrations = bass

Elepreze forgot to mention that 2 tagged bass where also caught,

Moogerah bass are fairly mobile at this time of year just it can take a lot of searching to find active fish, predictabe habits are that they tend to like the 5 m water mark, and are usually always near the creek bed. Reaction baits tend to work best and encourage the bigger fish. They arn't schooled just active in concerntrations, dropping a lure onto a single arch can produce a fish. A good sounder and confidence in reading it is a big asset.

Thought a couple more yellows would come off of the edges as they are mating this time of season and love to hit any presentation.

If fishing moogerah be careful of eels as they love lures and as the water warms up they become more active, faster styles of retriving and keeping your lure off of the bottom will prevent eels.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris (Cowboy) Galligan

mikedel
26-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the info Smailesy & Elephrez1, I`ve never fished Moograh but I might give it a go.