PDA

View Full Version : Somerset and Barumba Dam

woolybugger
07-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Had a big weekend fishing, firstly went to Barumba Dam near Imbil and caught around 30 Bass and my mate 25 Bass, ranging between 34-42cms. They were fat as and gave a good fight on 4-6lb line.

Caught on Soft Plastics, spinner baits, Jackals and fly, and was a matter of casting to the bank and when you find a scholl, then dropping you SP etc to them.

Also went to Somerset for the third time ever and last being over two years ago, so was alittle daunting looking at a large dam. However I simply trolled (Yes, you heard trolled, I hate trolling... No fun) but I trolled anyway around the old creek bed in about 14-16 metres of water until I found a school and then same again. I found a huge school and another boat was also there and this was the frustrating part, he was catching one after the other and I only lost one huge fish that snapped me off on 10lb line. I was using the exact same technique, lures etc but to no avail. So I ventured on trolling until I found a school and I hooked a total of 4 Bass whilst trolling and the biggest was a very fat 51cm and also caught another 14 Bass when I found a school, all good quality between 39-49cm. All caught on trolled yellow and orange boomerang lure and jigging SP's and ice jigs, and also fly fishing black and purple vampires. These where mainly caught between 10.30am - 2.30pm. Overall a frustrating then joyfull days fishing.

bdowdy
07-09-2006, 03:13 PM
;)sounds like a great weekends fishing, and nice bass. cheers bdowdy ;)

mikedel
07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Well done Wooly. :)

tiges
07-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Top weekends fishing there Woolybugger. And I don't mean to be picky but it's Borumba not Barumba.

woolybugger
07-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Sorry Tim - "Borumba"

I guess its a case of a pomme trying to speak like an Aussie. "Barumba!"

I read your PM Tim and I am waiting for the response too (ha ha) sorry fellas, personal joke...

Smailesy
07-09-2006, 05:25 PM
well done mate

Herby13
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
well done mate, nice fish.