PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Bass 16.9.06

sonocam
17-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Went out to Somerset again on Saturday to see if we could get a few bass. In the early hours of the morning (6:30) my father was up and tinkering with the boat but unfortunately I woke up a few hours later at 8:15 :-[ so Cam made the decision to go despite the obvious bad weather and the time I woke up. Got to the dam at about 10:15 and was on the water a few minutes later and headed to Queen Street and found a small school but they just weren't taking the ice jigs or my dads precious Jackal which he received for fathers day after losing the first one at lake Borumba. We then stumbled on a school of bass in one of the bays along the old river bed and I hooked onto a 35cm bass on my new shiman symetre/ strudwick combo I had got for my birthday, the bass was also the first fish caught on my new gear. By the time we had gotten the ice jig out and pulled the other hook out of the net the school was long gone, but at least it gave us a chance to release the little bass. My dad is absolutely ecstatic when he can interpret what the sounder is saying and when he can tell me where the fish are it's usually crunch time for the lure. We tried a few other places but no luck, then it started to rain! The trip back to the ramp was horrible and we where absolutely drenched.
After all the rain and soaked clothes we where just thankful that we caught one fish!

Regards Kyle

Canoedle
17-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Good onya Kyle, good to get the first fish on your new rig I bet, not a bad little bass either. Sounds like a bit of water ended up in the dam yesterday too, need a bit more yet though. ;)

sonocam
17-09-2006, 12:10 PM
This is a quick pic of my new Strudwick Combo.

Regards Kyle.

scoocer101
17-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey kyle did your dad tell u haow much he paid for the strudwick combo?
Congrates on the bass.

regards scoocer101

ele-phrez
17-09-2006, 04:34 PM
nice combo ;)

Gummtree
17-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Kyle,
Good fish mate. Seems you are a bit of a rain magnet for the dam. See if you can talk your old man into a bit of time off school and stay there, we need the rain. ;D ;D. Keepup the good work

Leigh

were-trout
17-09-2006, 05:22 PM
nice shirt mate ;)

sonocam
17-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Scoocer101
I have just asked my father about the price but it's all top secret info!

Gummtree
If my dad had it his way every school day would be as dry as but sometimes I can persuade him to let it rain ;)