PDA

View Full Version : Lake Macdonald great place

Tropicaltrout
25-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Went for a session on Lake Macdonald near Cooroy, We arrived early on the Sunday morning to a beautiful sunrise and a glassy lake, We were in my mates boat and within the first half hour we boated a nice 30 cm bass then we rounded the corner and there was another few boats working the edges we the had a spin to no avail a boat near us was doing real well but we wasn't on the school, so we moved of only to hook a reel screamer, I have caught Bass in many of qld's Bass waters but i have not seen fish hit as hard as lake mac's bass they are awsome.

We ended up with three fish oh well, I never hooked one but it was a truly great day out with a good mate and in a great spot thumbs up for Lake Macdonald.

hardb8
25-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi TT,
# # # #This is the only Bass impoundment I've lost a lure to a fish.Two in fact.One of these speedsters stripped around 10 yards in a few seconds and popped 12lb braid.I just sat there speechless.I had landed a few Bass around 45cm in a half hour period before hand quite comfortably.This thing just dumped it off the spool. 8-)There is another location I know of where the Bass go exceptionaly hard,But it is a riverine enviroment.You call for a 40,Only to have a staunch 30cm specimen poke his head up.They hit with venom,And are goin the other way on contact.Real brawlers.Wish only I could tell ya. ;)

woolybugger
26-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Well done TT,

I agree, fantastic lake but the fish there can be very finacky...

The Bass there are very agressive fish, where they make you believe you have a larger fish on.

My most memoreable moments was at the bubbles when the sun was setting and I caught 9x 50cm plus Bass in 12 casts, what a session that was and where caught on bibbless minnows.

Tropicaltrout
26-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Hardb8, I think Iam heading there this weekend, If i have the right spot i will let you know! ;)