PDA

View Full Version : Li'l Tuffy First Fish

going_phishin
23-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone,
I went out fishing for the first time in my new boat (Li'l Tuffy) first fish was a 1.86kg Forktail Catfish, caught on 1kg line, which isn't the best fish to catch first up, but it is one of the target species for the club comp this weekend and because of this it works out at 446.4 point fish.......yay me :D :D

Cheers
Josh

The fight.

going_phishin
23-09-2006, 07:36 PM
The fish.

davez104
23-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Good stuff. Those catties go pretty hard on light gear, I used to have a ton of fun with them and actually used to target them at times. Keep thise reports coming.

Dave.

blue5beard
23-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey mate.. You look like hunklberry finn or tom sawyer... great way to grow up...what a life mate.. what a life,,,BB

going_phishin
23-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey Davez104,
They do go hard but it works a lot better on my boat rather then Mum & Dad's because I have the full deck and can walk all the way around where as Mum & Dad's boat don't have a deck at all.

Hey Bluebeard,
I just need to find out who hunklberry finn and tom sawyer are and then I will be able to agree with you ;) Yeah I love it and she is the best boat to suit my needs.

Cheers
Josh

OODIES
24-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Way to go Josh....Will look for your fishing program on CH 7,9,or 10 in a few years mate..Well done...

Cheers
Bingo (dAVE)

bomber202
24-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Well done Josh and a great little set up there remember TIME NOT SPENT FISHIN IS TIME WASTED.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Canoedle
25-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Good stuff mate, those catties get huge here in Wivenhoe, I've been getting em on poppers late in the arvo, heaps of fun. I must remember to take the camera. ::)

Big_Ren
25-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Great pics Josh and especially breaking line class on the catty.

Cheers
Paul

shayned
25-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Josh,
In silouette and at a distance in the photo it almosts looks like a flattie!!! ;D ;D Good to see you're on the water at last. Tom Sawyer, you are kidding aren't you, next time the fishing shuts down pick the book up it's not a bad read from memory.

blue5beard
25-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey mate... Look up mark twain ,The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.. It a american clasic... its on the net.. You look like what tom would have looked like im sure...Find the book and read it mate... Good story.. :)BB

going_phishin
25-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey OODIES,
Yeah for sure.....I wish.....I'm not the best at speaking to a camera :-[ But hey I can learn ;)

Bomber202,
Thanks I will remember that.

Canoedle,
I wouldn't mnid getting up to Wivenhoe. I've heard good size fish get pulled out of there.

Big Ren,
It worked out at 233 point fish so just off 250 point Masters with ANSA.

Shayned,
Hey it does look like a flatty that makes me feel better ;D No can't say I have heard of him :-[ Dad agree's that it is a good book and that I look like him.

Bluebeard,
Ok I will do that to see what all the fuss is about.

timbacutta
26-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Well done Josh, hope it is the first of many nice fish to follow. Good to see "Li'l Tuffy" out on the water and hope you enjoy many hours fishing in your own boat, whether you catch a fish or just enjoy being out there.

Jeff.

Darryl
26-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Your boat looks pretty stable too buddy as in the pic your on one side of it and it doesnt even look like tipping over. Well done.

Darryl.

going_phishin
26-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey Jeff,
Yeah I'm out to beat Darryl now ;) I can dream can't I?

Hey Darryl,
Yea she is extremely stable we are probably going out to the port tomorrow so I will see how she goes in a bit of swell.

Cheers
Josh

Canoedle
27-09-2006, 09:42 AM
No outboards on Wivenhoe Josh, but I've been getting the catties off the bank, a dozen in just over an hour yesterday, big fat buggas too. Good luck out at the port, hope it's not too blowy up there, I know bundy get's some shocking winds this time of year.