PDA

View Full Version : Rio's Lures - Prawn

Jason_L
24-12-2001, 09:29 PM
I just recently bought a small natural 5gm Rio Prawn Junior. and i found it excellent. very easy to use. and even though it doesn't have the flicking tail like the Prawnstar. i've found it works just as effectively.

I've caught, bream, trevelly and salmon so far all on the 1 lure.
Bought a new one today.. The Fluro Green in a 13 gram. i can't wait to try that out.

N E 1 else had good luck with these lures.??

adrian
25-12-2001, 04:44 AM
hi jason
I too have had some good results on a rio also so caught jack, flathead, bream and some monster who wanted the lure more than i did :'( :'( :'( the monster busted 10 kg line in seconds . I used the one that looks like a prawn but will try others soon
anzac

Luke
29-12-2001, 11:46 AM
Gday guys,
I've only caught lizards on the rio so far but I've also watched it in the pool and stays up nice and straight and drops head end down nicely while jigging. I test all my new lures in the pool to get a clear view of they're actions and the rio is nicely balanced.
Cheers Luke

Jason_L
29-12-2001, 01:58 PM
thats one thing i've found about the Rio lure. it sits nice and straight.

with my prawnstar junior lures when i flick them or just winding them in they seam to go to one side... whats the problem here? why do they do this... m i not flicking hard enough.. o. and it happens with 0, 1 and 2 of the weights in it.

i'm running 40lb nylon as a trace threw the lure. but that shouldn't make this happen??????

any help would be more than appreciated.

Luke
29-12-2001, 02:52 PM
Hi Jason,
I've tried this one in the pool again and it pulls and swims straight under tension but I reckon by the design of the prawnstar being a heavier front end and lighter tail with the hollow belly it will catch water and get swung in a current. I just think the rio has a more even weight distribution and water resistance with a slightly heavy front to make it dip and the tail shape and weight being the key to it's action of not dropping head long like a rock. I like both of these lures though and use the prawnstar aswell.
Cheers Luke