PDA

View Full Version : cool idea

shano
07-01-2002, 07:51 AM
Ok dont know how many know this one, probably heaps but this is for those people that dont. while talking to my garndfather (the guru of fishing) he told me of something they used to do for getting your bait out further beyond the waves when surf fishing.but doing this without adding too much weight so as you can't feel the bites.what he did was get one of those practice golf balls you know the ones with all the holes in them nothing in side made of plastic, well what they did was thred your fishing line through the ball then attatch up your line as you would do normally, with the swivel,sinkers,hooks,ect,ect.then push the ball through the sand,twisting it around till it is completely full of sand.now you have a heavy weight on your line that when casted into the water will travel heaps further then just sinkers. when it hits the water the sand will disolve (so to speak) straight out out the holes that they entered into.now the ball will act as a float and float back to the top of the water out of the way of all the action!!! so tell me do you like that one???? i was really impressed.
p.s i think you can get these balls from crazy clarks for stuff all. i think they are classed as a kids practice golf ball!!!
hope you all can use this idea will post any more i get told..........
CHEERS SHANO! :D ;D

Katrina
07-01-2002, 03:25 PM
;) You're right, it is a cool idea!!!!! Keep em coming!!!

jshaw
08-01-2002, 03:42 AM
You should of replaced "cool idea" to "pure genius",
THANK YOU so much for sharing this idea.

shano
10-01-2002, 06:06 PM
42 views and only two replies come on more people then that must think it is a good idea anyway will post more when i get told them....... 8)
cheers shano! ;)

Slates
12-01-2002, 07:43 AM
Top stuff Shano ;D

You could also stuff it full of chook pellets/tuna oil!
We used to use coarse fishing sinkers (they have a spring above the lead that is stuffed with berley) when whiting fishing and it worked a treat!

There was a 'distance casting rig' in a recent Modern Fishing mag where you could hook you bait + hook onto another (reverse facing) hook near your sinker. It stayed attached during casting, but when it hit the water, the line collapsed and released the bait.
The whole idea of this was to reduce air resistance - the bane of distance casting whole pilchards.

I'm yet to try it, but the golf ball combo should be dynamite..

Cheers, Slates

shano
12-01-2002, 11:43 AM
yeah you would be surprized how far you can cast this out but remember not to hold on to your line for too long when casting as the line will snap takes a bit to get ahold!!!
cheers shano!