PDA

View Full Version : Get mooned!

fisho
01-05-2002, 05:30 PM
How many members consider moon phase when planning their fishing? If so, what moon phase do you find works best on the reef? Do you believe in the old adage "Moon by day, fish by day - Moon by night, fish by night" or is your adage "fish when you can"? ;)

Fitzy
01-05-2002, 06:34 PM
Hi Paul,
I'm definately no reef fisho. However when I do fish, its a case of go when I can & take what gets dished out to you.

Cheers,

Fitz

aquarius
01-05-2002, 09:18 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm15.gifHi Fisho...for what its worth i prefer fishing the reef on smaller tides...therefore choosing the first or 3rd quarter moon phases.....new moon isnt too bad #but i hate the full moon...never done any good on the full...a few days leading up to full yes....i guess one fishes the times that work for them.
Cheers #Brent

Volvo
02-05-2002, 03:47 PM
:)G'day Fisho, i think this topic just come up last week but i do 90% of my fishing around the reefs and yep :)Moon Phases the best from first quarter till the full moon and if your after Reds , be in their territory around those tides especially the full moon for the bigger fellas.
And like previously said the new moon is okay day either side of it and right smack bang on top of it though mainly during the day with the new moon tides.
If you live like i where we experience big tidal runs, well you might have ta give in a little till the tide slackens off a little or move in closer to the reefs or shallower water, but belive it the Moon plays a big role towards succesfull fishing.
Cheers