PDA

View Full Version : Live bait problems

fisho
29-04-2002, 02:04 PM
When fishing out wide on the bottom and at anchor I often like to have a live bait out (near the bottom). I normally slow him down with a reasonable sinker above him and place him off an outrigger but in the depth of water where I fish (60 - 100m) it is not unusual for him to foul other lines - any ideas on a solution? Maybe have him shallower ? Forego other lines in favour of the live bait? Any ideas appreciated. ;)

Heath
29-04-2002, 05:02 PM
We usually have a bait down deep with a large lumo sinker right to its nose. It seems to keep them in one general location and they don't swim around too much. From what you are saying it seems that your sinker might be a bit small. It's all about finding a good medium inbetween letting the fish having its own way and almost drowning it by the use of a large sinker.
I've got a pic of it on my website if you are interested. ;)

fisho
29-04-2002, 06:12 PM
Thanks Heath - cool website!

Fozz
03-05-2002, 07:27 AM
I have tried in the past with some luck , having the live bait on a leader that can move up & down the main line a couple of meters from the sinker upwards , this allows it to move up & down the line without draging it too mutch .
Happy fishn ; Regards Fozz .

Yeh nice web site Heath !