PDA

View Full Version : south coast N.S.W

spinna
08-05-2002, 06:14 PM
Anyone out there from Kiama down to Ulladulla N.S.W im in Nowra and would like to find some good beach and rock areas outside of Nowra as im in two clubs. But would like to know some spots where my mates don,t know as we all fish the same areas. And i need some new scenery. ;)

mick
09-05-2002, 05:07 AM
spinna

its been years since i was in that area. we used to fish the north head of jervis bay. i dont know if your still aloowed out there. or if they have upgraded the one lane dirt track we used to get out there but from memory we caught some good fish there.

fish conservatively

mick

mick
09-05-2002, 05:14 AM
p.s

ive also heard of marlin being taken off the rocks there. and if you get a chance jump in a boat and head out to the sir joeseph banks (just on the continental shelf drop off) ;)

spinna
09-05-2002, 02:57 PM
Thanks Mick I know the areas that you are talking about . Drum and drum sticks, the tubes and gumgetters and also the banks .They are all good areas and i do fish them a lot im just looking for some more spots up and down the coast cheers mick and good fishing ;)

fatman
11-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Head out to Comerong Island, there is a multitude of places to fish and tons of bait to gather, a top place to spend a day exploring.
cheers
FATMAN

kevin
15-05-2002, 05:08 PM
try the hat i'ts a steep climb down once there you can cross to the high rock platform at the lower tide in between waves great for kings and tuna close to the platform good fishing .if you decide to fish the outer rock you will have to stay for the next low tide to get off
hope this helps
kevin

kevontherocks
04-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I live at dolphin point (burrill lake) and as its the tourist season here I have explored a few of the more remote headlands down here.

I usually fish the rocks around home, the horseshoe at dolphins, laggon head, the north end of wairo. but here are a few good places that are only a couple ok klms down easy dirt roads but pretty tourist free.

try the end of blackbutt road, just south of lake tabourie, thats got a split in the end of the road, left fork takes you to a hidden little beach with great rock platforms and sand right up to the edges.

take the right fork and you end up at the north end of meroo lake entrance, still very private and fantastic access to the water in the lake and off the rocks around the heads.

will post more when i find them.