PDA

View Full Version : Question - Noosa River

davo189
05-06-2002, 04:43 AM
Hey fellow fishers,

I am going up to Noosa for a fishing weekend on Saturday. I have a boat but have only fished the Noosa river twice before and that was off the bank. Can anyone give me some tips on reasonable spots to fish in this area at this time of year. Any tips on baits etc would also be welcome. I intend to stay within the river system and not go outside as the bar is too dodgy.

Hope someone can help - thanks in advance,

Davo

fisho
05-06-2002, 05:34 PM
yabbies / worms then find a sandbank

scroman
06-06-2002, 04:10 AM
G'day Davo189,
I normally go across the barge at Tewantin and down onto the beach and head back to the mouth of the river. If you come to the North side inside the bar there is a lagoon - 2 weeks ago I found some nice tailor on the incoming at dusk on the bank on the outside of the lagoon. They didn't last long tho!
Back inside the lagoon there is a fair amount of fallan timber at the high mark and we picked some nice bream out of that on the high at night using chook gut. There are also plenty of banks that cop a good wash as the tide rises - have a great time - it's a nice place on a clear winter night!
Scroman!

davo189
12-06-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey thanks Scroman,

Down near the mouth of the river was the go! Managed to haul a bakers dozen of good quality bream from two reasonably short after dark sessions, one at dusk and the other just before dawn. Daytime was pretty poor fishing (only small fish) probably due to the number of boats hammering up and down the waterway. Parked myself beside a nice big sandbank where the incoming tide would wash across to produce the goods - best bait was cubes of pillie. Cheers!