PDA

View Full Version : would this work??

westy
29-07-2002, 03:51 PM
im a young bloke just getting into blackfishing and i thoert up this way of burlying.

i was thinking i could soak burley pelets and mix them with bread crumbs and green weed.then form this mixture into balls and throw it in.
in theory the balls will sink to the bottom and spread out unlike sand/weed burley which spreads as soon as it hits the water.

is there any experienced blackfishermen who think this would work?
any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

stevedemon
30-07-2002, 04:37 PM
HI Westy
Ok I hav'nt fish for Blackfish for year but that is what I cut my teeth on learning how to fish with my Grand-Father rest his sole but he use a lot of different Burly tricks on them in Gosford from Sand- weed mix to dough,prawns,weed and sand mix all mince then put into dough and sand mix or to as your are going to use it will work but try using some of the old prawns from previous trips shell and all blackfish live it hope this will help you out with some more ideas good luck.

CHEERS ;D ;D

STEVE :P

Heath
30-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Can't see why it wouldn't work. My oldman is a good Luderick fisherman. He simply cuts up weed & mixes it with wet sand. Compacts it into balls & throws up current of where he is fishing. Minimum mess & no outlay & it seems to work. He has been doing this for the last 30 odd years

westy
04-08-2002, 08:34 AM
thanx for that guys

il make sure i post weather it works or not
next time.
thanx again

Craig
15-08-2002, 05:50 AM
hi mate,
i think it shouldent realy matter with the ball idea the reason we use sand and weed is because it sperads out and the fish carnt fill up on it it just makes them wake up a little.and with current that shouldent bother you because they like more protected areas. well good luck hope you killem
craig
p.s every where is differnt.differnt tricks for differnt areas [img] ???