PDA

View Full Version : Burley

Frog
10-04-2002, 04:11 PM
Can anyone give me a good burley recipe for going after bream ???

Jason_L
11-04-2002, 12:45 PM
don't know about Bream specifically but i'll give you a few in general.

when i go fishing around pilons after breama and if i have had prawns the night or few days before hand. i'll use the scraps.

also u can try.

blending pilchards with water. and poring this "liquid" into chicken pellets.
this is great for palagics and who knows. might work on bream.

Craig
17-04-2002, 06:43 AM
When ever i burley for bream i use an old mixture of ==
bread,sand,pillies,chicken gutt,and more sand on top then i get a brike and munch it all up untill you carnt tel what is what oh and its a good idea to add what ever type of bait you plan to use good luck
Craig

jaybee
17-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I've found chicken pellets plain or soaked in tuna oil work equally well. In clear water i have noticed all the small pickers come rite up to the burley below the boat so cast well away. It works in the bruns river. Oh also thro a little of what you are using for bait as well. I only use small cubes of mullet so every now n then i thro a couple o cubes over behind the pickers

Luke
25-04-2002, 04:20 PM
The answer for me is wheat boiled in water with a bit of tuna oil and a few cans of cat food thrown in. Works a treat and when you gut them you'll see what I mean. Certainly fill themselves up on it.
Cheers Luke

Frog
26-04-2002, 03:18 PM
Thanks Luke I haven't heard of that one before http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm16.gif

adrian
29-04-2002, 10:15 AM
hi gang
chook pellets work fine for me mixed with a little of the bait i'm using
anzac

Volvo
30-04-2002, 12:34 PM
keep your old or unused pillies that go a little soggy and put em through an old mincer, then mix em through chook pellets.
Add enough water to the chook pellets just so you can roll up a nice moist firm ball in the palm of your hand, then either drop over the side of the boat(if fishing from baot) real gently by first lowering hand into water then releasing the ball of pellets and letting it drop to the bottom or if land bound then you aint got much choice than to toss it out and let it spread out.
Using the first method out of a boat allows the bream ta congergate as a school closer to the boat.
Old bread in a prawn scoop stocking tied and hung out back of your boat works rather well also as long as you dont experience the big runs as we do up here, otherwise the fish end up with the bread halfeway round the bend of a river or whatever halfe a mile away lol.
Cheers

Dr_Dan
19-08-2002, 11:43 AM
a burley mixture that works really well for me is a combination of prawn scraps, pillies, bread, pippies, tuna oil,and sand. Just crush up all the ingredients, ensuring that there is still some texture to it. With this mixture, the burley gets distributed fairly evenly through the water column. When fishing in a strong current, put the burley in an old milk container, with a few sinkers. Tie this to the anchor line at about half the depth of the water, that way as the burley drifts pass the boat, it will be getting down towards where u want it. Just a word of warning. Watch that if you are just throwing the burley over the side of the boat. The tuna oil adn sand is lethal to reel drags!!

spinna
19-08-2002, 03:01 PM
Get your self a sand bag or an old onion bag and put all your left over bread in it. :o It will dry out and go hard if you use a plastic bag it will go mouldy then when you go out for a fish just brake up the dry bread into a bucket add some water not to much. This what we use to burley up mullet when getting live bait and we always catch some nice bream. They seem to like it. 8)

cheers spinna ;) :D