PDA

View Full Version : Need info for fishing Caloundra, Golden beach area

mmmike
25-08-2002, 01:57 AM
Hi fellow fisherman,,
I'll be visiting your country once again & I can't wait!!!!! :)
Hope the fish have been on a bite ..
Any advice on species & location ?? It would be great appricated .. or e-mail me at mmmikester@hotmail.com
Thanxxx & good fishin ,,, Doug §§

mmmike
25-08-2002, 08:05 AM
Oh forgot to add when.. huh?? sorry ::) Aug. 29th-Sept. 11th
Thanx ,, Doug §§

mmmike
26-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Be staying on the "Sunshine Coast " rather than the sunrise ,, I must have needed more sleep that day ;D

adrian
27-08-2002, 07:54 AM
hi if the boys from inshore offshore tackle shop on the nickolin way haven't closed down yet ask them to put you on to the money . else try the surf beaches for dart, bream, talior . or try the headlands for some reef fish . the passage has bream whiting flathead . the local tackle stores will help you find fish . if you spend some money they maybe a little more open to you

Anzac

gruntahunter
27-08-2002, 08:16 AM
Doug there is a jetty called "Millitary Jetty" in the northern end of the pumicestone passage just near Golden beach (it is shown on the local maps), and at night this has always fished very well.Espect to catch whiting,bream ,flathead,jewfish eels,sharks and rays.
If you have a boat a nice drift can be rewarded in the same area during the day for flathead and whiting but watch the bar as it is a bad one even to the locals.

gruntahunter
27-08-2002, 08:18 AM
And oh I forgot, the bar in the yacht club at golden beach is safe. ;D

mmmike
27-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanx very much ,,
:)I will give those areas a go ,, Doug

mmmike
28-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Thanx ,, I really appricate your time to post this info for me , If any of you are ever in the states please e-mail me & I'll see what I can do to give you some productive tips as well ..
well off to bed for a short nap & then to the airport .. May all your days a drift be enjoable & safe ,,, Doug AKA mike

Flynny
30-08-2002, 07:54 PM
G'day Mike
Don;'t take any notice of Grunta, the bar at the power boat club is much safer.I know because I hide there every night.
Call in and see me at Caloundra City Powerboats, I'll see what I can do to introdiuce you to a couple of the local liars.
Flynny

mmmike
02-09-2002, 12:52 PM
;D I'll give ya a ring there sometime early this week Flynny thanx always good to see how good the lies get from the other side of the world :)