PDA

View Full Version : byfeild,corio bay

driftwood
17-09-2002, 08:01 AM
Will be heading to byfeild for the first week in Oct. would be gratfull of any info ie Camping, boat ramps or where I can access this info. Thanks, ps if you need any info on the Solitarys (coffs) let me know.

J_Large
17-09-2002, 05:04 PM
umm. lemme see.

there are 2 ways to get to corio bay.

1. take the boat ramp at Bangalee, drive north along the beach for about 10 - 14km's and you will see some tracks heading up and over the dunes.. *** can't stress this enough*** stay on the tracks.

i went up there few days ago and as soon as you get off the tracks your boged. as simple as that. but the tracks are like cement... stay on them..

2ndly. go past Ridges Cap. Resort as far as you can go. until u come to a T junction. turn right and follow that road up about 14km's. this takes u on the inland track.

camping isn't allowed if i remember correctly.

There is also a place called Corbets Landing, i'm not sure on how to get there but i think you have to go through byfield or there might be a turn off up that way.

if your good at catching sand worms they are up there as well on the beach (surf side)

if you want any more information contact Capricorn Coast Sports, they are located in the Kepple Bay Plaza.

if you want any more info, PM me or reply to your post and i'll reply asap.

cya