PDA

View Full Version : Sinker moulds, where do i find them?

dunc
28-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Hi,
I am keen to make my own sinkers but i cant find anywhere that sells sinker moulds. If anyone has spare one and is willing to sell or knows website or place i could find them i would appreciate it.
Dunc ;)

Luke
29-08-2002, 02:33 AM
Hey Dunc,
Springwood Marine or most tackle stores should be able to get some types of moulds if they don't already have them.
Luke

gruntahunter
29-08-2002, 02:04 PM
K.Mart has them Dunc. But where do you get the lead from?.....I would think that would be harder.

PAYNE
30-08-2002, 03:29 AM
You'll find that most scrap metal yards will sell lead. I get mine from a place in Moss Street, Slacks Creek.
Sinker Moulds, I don't know of a tackle shop that doesn't sell them!!! If you are after the standard ball, bean or snapper moulds, most shops in Brisbane will sell them!!

jack_attack
30-08-2002, 03:36 AM
Take a look at some local housing sites. Builders use lead as a flashing on tiled rooves and quite often throw away short lengths that are left over.

Do not just walk in and take it. Ask first. As a builder myself I know they will not hesitate in saying yes you can have it. But they will get P'd off if you don't ask.

Look for houses with dutch gables or a roof line beside brick work.

Harrya
30-08-2002, 03:38 AM
You can get your lead at Scrap metal yards and you could make your own molds out of Plaster paris.If you know how?
Harry

Dr_Dan
01-09-2002, 08:26 AM
The best place to get your lead is at the local tip. Just take the plates out of old car batteries, and you'll have more sinkers than you can manage!

;Dbest of luck Dunc! ;D

Master_Jig_Builder
11-09-2002, 03:22 PM
I agree. most good tackle shops sell a range of sinker molds. If your after lead at decent prices, contamination free, and are in the Brisbane metro area, then e-mail me or phone on 3311 5262.

scarpenter4
17-09-2002, 04:26 PM
any half desent tackle shop will have them in a range of sizers

J_Large
17-09-2002, 07:06 PM
u could always walk around and steal peoples lead counter weights off their wheels.. but that would be nasty.

try going into a tyre fitter shop and asking if they have any scrap lead weights around, where i use to work had a bucket filled with removed weights. 2nd hand... try there.

dunc
24-09-2002, 12:38 PM
how do i get the lead plates out of car batteries?

what safety gear should i use when making the sinkers.

cheers
dunc