PDA

View Full Version : first tinnie

michael_mad_fisho
06-10-2002, 07:08 PM
gday guys
i finnaly ::) ;D am getting my first tinnie next week. i am getting a stessco 4.2 rv catcher fully floored with casting decks 30hp yamaha thick 3mm bottom 1.6 sides pockets the lot. i was wondering how far do u think u could get in moreton bay on a good day
thanks guys ;D ;D ;D

Big_Kev
06-10-2002, 09:31 PM
You will have no worries getting to moreton island on a real good day .
I use to have a 4.2 and it takes about 40mins on a good run .
The waters are a lot more forgiving in the southern bay waters and from green island out it #will be a lot bigger and as you get to around the middle between mud and moreton it is a lot bigger still and a swell will be there even on a good day .
Since this is your first boat you would be much safer in the southern waters until you get the hang of it .
Make sure you have all the safety gear , a radio 27meg is agood investment and for a couple of hundred bucks a epirb is a good choice .
By the sound of it you are buying a package from Wynnum marine I have seen these and they look like a realy good buy .
Reagards Reel Hard

mackmauler
07-10-2002, 12:32 PM
I don't no that particular model but as a guide my tinnie is 20cm longer and on a good day I fish up to 25km east of point lookout, so moreton bay shouldn't give you any trouble if your prepared.

adrian
07-10-2002, 01:09 PM
hi guys
great to hear that another boatie is up and running. a few things i did when i got mine was to firstly get a spare fuel tank 20ltr one and ran around until out of fuel . this will tell you if the feul gauge is right ( mine showed an quarter of a tank when it was bone dry. nasty ) . then do a short run to get an idea of fuel useage for when you start on bigger trips . get the feel of your boat by crossing over the wakes of other boats . when you've got the feel of things really get in to the fishing sidee of it . hope you get a lot more use out of yours than i get out of mine

Anzac

michael_mad_fisho
07-10-2002, 02:12 PM
thanks

krazyfisher
07-10-2002, 02:40 PM
just remember on a good day you could take it to New Zealand but you to be able to get home and the wheather can change quickly so I wouldn't got anywhere that you would not go on a bad to normal day.
have fun