PDA

View Full Version : shads

timrough
04-10-2002, 11:31 AM
What colour shad would people suggest getting for flaties in the big bite range.
Thanks Tim

imported_admin
05-10-2002, 07:00 AM
Hi

My personal preference would be the Rainbow Trout and Fire Tiger for Flathead.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/softplastics/images/bbshadrainbowtrouta.jpg

http://www.ausfish.com.au/softplastics/images/bbshadfiretigera.jpg

pockets
05-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi Tim
I got my delivery of shads today "Electic Chicken" green and pink colour (thanks Steve). Went straight out and flicked a few around Jabiru Island and landed a 52 cm flatty on about cast number 15 :o :o.
They worked a treat.
can't wait to try the grubs. ;D

Randall
06-10-2002, 06:17 AM
Have to be my personal favorite!!!

Even Jack take em!! ;-)

Regards, Randall.

Mozza
11-10-2002, 04:15 AM
Has anyone tried using shads off the rocks? I'm on hols in a couple of weeks and am heading south around the Brooms Head area and thought I would give it a go? Any suggestions on action/shad colour and size?

Randall
11-10-2002, 04:26 AM
Mozza, never tried em off the rocks but we would appreciate any feedback if you give it a go.
Cant see why they would`nt work a treat. You may just start a whole new craze mate !!

Regards, Randall.

Mozza
11-10-2002, 07:14 AM
Thanks Randall. Only one way to find out isn't there. I will give it a shot and let you now how I go. I won't be back until mid November so stay tuned. I might have to exagerate a tad just to stick it up Touchy - you'd swear he designed them. Nah, but he has converted me. I'm also going to give them a good go in the Bribie Passage this weekend - I think I may have one of his last favourite white grubs which I might sell back to him.

Randall
12-10-2002, 04:33 AM
Mate, I`ve still got a few of those left over from the original shipment and the going rate on the black market is $15 ea!!!

Stick it up him!!!
;-)
RG

chad
12-10-2002, 06:13 AM
im looking at buying some shads or grubs on here but dont know which is better and which to buy.
can you please give me some info and tell me how long it will take to deliver,also is there a delivering fee .

cheers chad ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Randall
12-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Chad, if you are going to fish the rocks, go for the 4" shads with the heeler 1/2oz jigheads. You can cast em into the next postcode and they look real lifelike in the water.

May I recommend the red/pearl or the rainbow trout colours!! ;-)

As far as delivery is concerned, Steve will probaby be a better person to answer this but he has several happy customers thus far!!

Looking forward to your report.

Regards, Randall.

Touchy - R.I.P.
15-10-2002, 06:04 AM
Randall,Dont take tooooo much notice of Mozza's fishing prowers,the last time he got a fish he had to get the lady in the fishshop to throw it across the counter just so he could say he caught a fish :P,He could be on a bit of a learning curve now he's keen to try rock franging. ;D.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

Mozza
15-10-2002, 09:14 AM
Nice one Touchy - knew something was coming sooner or later. Hey mate you wouldn't have any tips for handling freshwater jewfish would ya http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm44.gif

Rumpig
16-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea,
I might have to try using shads off the rocks down here, I reckon they'd be dynamite on kingies ;D ;D ;D

When I get some money I'll get in touch about them.

Those red and white ones look the goods! as do the chatruse!

Mick

BOMBER
17-10-2002, 07:48 AM
Hi All,

Heres a Barra on a Big Bite 4" Chateruse Shad captured at the Faust barra comp last week the shads worked well the Jig heads were the problem a little light for 30+ pound fish.

Regards,

THE BOMBER