PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tin Can Bay?

LYNDO
04-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

Heading to Tin Can Bay for the new moon early in November for a week :D

Taking the 3.8m tinnie and since I've never been there before :-[ was after a bit of a heads-up on what type of species to chase in and around that particular area? also worth chasing any mudcrabs?

Any info much appreciated

Cheers Lyndo

Lucky_Phill
04-10-2002, 03:05 PM
What ever you do keep more than a good eye on your crab pots up there.

The pro's will knock them off if you get more than a meter away from them. Bastards ! >:( >:( >:(

LYNDO
08-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks Lucky Phill,

>:(Sounds just like that bastard at Theodolite (not sure about spelling)creek just north of Woodgate back a few years ago.

He even flogged ya pots with his kids in the boat, ??? suppose ya have to keep the family tradition going >:( >:( :(

Cheers Lyndo

P.S. Could'nt catch the prick>:(I needed more horsepower :'(

Simon
08-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Lyndo,

you should be able to find all your basic bread and butter species and some of the bigger pelagics if you fish the deeper water closer Fraser. what type of fishing shall you be doing mostly?

Cheers

Simon.

LYNDO
09-10-2002, 04:25 AM
G'day Simon,

Was going to try for a few yellowtail kingies and a couple mackerel if still around and mainly troll the estuary between checking the crab pots?

Also would love to chase a few Jacks?

Cheers Lyndo

Simon
09-10-2002, 07:14 AM
You can find jacks in most of the creeks but I'm not sure how thick they are these days. I would take a look at Tee bar creek and the along ledge at its mouth but like many creeks etc. in this area they look very different from high to low. The moorings etc. all along the inside of snapper creek would be worth prospecting with a hard bodie or plastic if the wind picks up and you need a bit of sheltered water. I will also confirm that pots are regularly tampered with and if they're not checked or stolen outright the floats are just run over. Last time I was there although it was a while ago I lost 5 pots, although I did get the floats back off two of them.

Cheers

Simon.

LYNDO
09-10-2002, 09:19 AM
:)Thanks Simon for the heads up on the info mate, much appreciated.

>:(>:(This crab pot poaching or so called "share-farming" shit has got to stop! before some gets hurt real bad!

;DI'm only spewing I can't fit my 1300x300x300mm firearms safe in the tinnie to keep legal :Pjust joking

;)I'm a member of the Sporting Shooters Assosiation of Australia and fully promote gun safety :-*

Cheers Lyndo

slim_pickings
19-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Hi Lyndo,
Am an old local to the T.C.B. area. If you want to fish mackerel or golden travelley try the northern end of Tin Can Bay inlet, near where the barges cross to Fraser Is. Look out for green marker on your left as you come out into the opening. This marker is called big mick and it is a fovourite spot with the locals and visitors alike. If your luck is in some nice fish have been taken in the vicinity of the marker. Whiting off inskip point where barges leave the mainland. Crabbing for muddies can be carried out in the southern end of Tin Can Bay inlet. Go Getem, Regards, Slim Pickings.

LYNDO
20-11-2002, 04:23 AM
Thanks Slim pickings,

Had a great time up there, didn't get out as far as Big Mick (35+ knot winds) but managed to fish Tee Bar creek, behind Ida island and Seary's Ledge, Best fish was a 3kg golden trevally on the 9lb bait caster Top Fun ;D ;D

I couldn't get over all the different species in one spot ;)
Didn't managed to find the Muddies but found the blue swimmers :) going back at the end of march next year for a week again 8)

Have to look ya up and have a beer or two or three ;D

Cheers Lyndo

Silver_RX
26-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Re the pot snatchers. We had some pots out in somerset for some claws and some little snot nose on daddys jet ski was going around pulling them all up so we jumped in the closest boat (a few of us there) which happened to be a ski boat with a 350chev. Hehehe did we scare the pants of him :o ;D. That teach 'em. :P