PDA

View Full Version : Gregory River near Woodgate

Hitman
29-07-2005, 07:36 PM
G'day people,

A mate of mine is looking at purchasing a property at Woodgate and wants to know how the Gregory River fishes??? Any idea as to what species it holds, the condition of the river, its consistency, and how it fishes? I've heard some mixed reports so any info would be appreciated.

Goodonya!

zedjack33
30-07-2005, 03:44 AM
awwww its shocking, not worth it ::) What property is it, how much and which agencie is it through ::) ::) ::) ::)

Just kidding, not a bad system. Getting hit heavier all the time. Get the norm species.....jack, odd barra, crabs well at times and some good salmon. Then also youre bread and butter species. Not sure exactly where but it has a good prawn run also. Hope that helps a bit!

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Hitman
30-07-2005, 03:56 AM
Mate, thanks for the heads up! Like I said we've heard some mixed reports. Do you have any idea what the fishing's like offshore and/or what's it like going out the the Gregory? Is there a bar and is it accessible at all tides? He has a 5.6m Quinnie Centre Console.

Brenno
30-07-2005, 06:16 AM
was up that way a few weeks back, the Gregory runs into the Burruma River, it can be a bit tricky getting into the Gregory as there sand bars, but getting onto the ocean it self is easy, no bar across the river mouth