PDA

View Full Version : Eagle GPS Trouble?

fisho
12-08-2002, 03:02 PM
My Eagle Journey GPS decided not to pick up satellites on my last trip - the screen is flashing #??? (it does not normally do this) - power, unit or antennae? #Have done basic checks to no avail. Any ideas appreciated.

Kerry
13-08-2002, 03:52 AM
All position and navigation data will (normally) flash until the unit acquires a position and when the numbers are flashing, they generally represent the last known values when the unit lost satellites.

If it's flashing then it shouldn't be a power problem and from the description the first thing to check is the antenna, especially the connector for contact/corrosion etc.

If there's no apparent problems with the connectors/cable etc then can you find somebody with another antenna unit to check the antenna itself.

If all that doesn't show anything then one would have to look towards the box however my guess (as in guessing) is with the connector/cable/antenna in that order.

Cheers, Kerry.

kevin
13-08-2002, 06:25 AM
I have had the same problem with my Lowrance.When they had a look at the GPS they replaced the unit. Sometimes it is a simple connection and then again it cocld be inside the unit itself.If you try what Kerry has suggested first and it works great if not it could be in the unit itself
Kevin