PDA

View Full Version : Colour LCD Sounder

kevin
12-08-2002, 06:59 AM
Hi guy's my sounder has just died it was a colour JRC 61 nearly 15 years old. Now for some help buying a new 6inch colour LCD
Which brand and price with reliability.There are a few around and the choice is hard.Any help would be good or do we wait for the Boat Show specials at South Bank?

Lucky_Phill
13-08-2002, 12:40 PM
probably wait for the boat show I'd say. just keep playing off one dealer against another.

The JRC's are fine but pricey, Garmin have got some good stuff at the right price, but then again, I've always trusted Furuno, but they are video colour. may have a LCD by now. Maybe worth checking out their web sites prior to the boat show visit, so those dealers don't put one over you.

;) ;D

kevin
13-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Thanks Phill
The main brands are Koden JRC and Furuno.I think the boat show sounds the best bet
Regards Kevin

Smithy
14-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Fished on a boat with the colour digital Furuno on the weekend and was thoroughly impressed. This was comparing it to a 6" CRT Furuno I am used to on another boat. We were marking Billfish on the sounder and picking them as different from the Dolphins.