PDA

View Full Version : Sounder repairs

jaybee
02-06-2003, 01:26 PM
My lowrance x75 gave up the ghost :'( first quote from local marine dealer was $160 (2 months ago) to send to lowrance and have it replaced, lowrance Aus on the phone quoted me $220 to have it replaced at the same time, the dealer now wants $330 or will sell me an x 87 for $520. go figure, waiting on another dealer to ring lowrance to get a quote. Then i will name names, not happy jan. :-[
cheers.

davo
04-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Have a look at the Lowrance web site under customer support. The fixed price repair prices are there.

Volvo
04-06-2003, 01:09 PM
jaybee go to Lowrance direct ;).X87??? thought they was no longer made :o or if they are they may be a repair/replace model/version??. Other words go for sumthin else(newer).
mate has had his X87 replaced and never been the same momma since :(, nuthin but probs.
Cheers

jaybee
04-06-2003, 02:01 PM
volvo they still sell the x 87 in two minds at present still waiting for the other dealer to get back to me. was quite happy with the x75 even thinking about switching to navman my bro has never had any probs with his. I only fish to 40 mtrs max these days.
cheers

adamleah
04-06-2003, 02:38 PM
I have a navman 4200 and it seems to do the job fine..."It just needs to find bigger fish "

My only hassle with it is that if I drop the canopy and its sitting in the sun for too long and gets warm the screen goes all blank...Is that normal?????

once the screen cools down it works again.....

Regards adam

Barrymundi
04-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Chris Balhatchet (Australia) chrisbal@lowrance.com
drop him an email
Service department on tollfree: 1800 650629

jaybee
05-06-2003, 04:34 AM
thanks barry still havent quite made up my mind whether to buy a new sounder or have one replaced. I know if its replaced it will be covered by a 12 month warranty a new one 2yrs with an opportunity for extended warranty. decisions, decisions. oh well one day at a time.
cheers
joe.

Lucky_Phill
05-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Jeez JB, if you only fishing in 40 meters of water, use a glass bottom bucket to locate your fish. ;D ;D ;D ;)

jaybee
05-06-2003, 02:38 PM
phil my bro and i have found it better to let all the other boats go fizzing past us, we still catch just as much if not better quality, why waste time in travelling if u don't have to. ;D although he has talked me into a trip to the shelf off bruns to chase some harpooka (spelling) been a long time since i been fishing out there with housebricks and cord line. ouch
cheers.

jaybee
05-06-2003, 02:42 PM
by the way forgot to mention, rang a marine place today 3 times spoke to 2 different people about the same sounder and was given 3 different prices, $60.00 diference in increments of $20 ??? ???

jaybee
05-06-2003, 07:48 PM
sorted out my first quote, one place $330, lowrance site quotes $220 other dealer quoted $192. All are cash up front, now if i send a sounder back at $192 and lowrance cant replace it i am out of pocket $192 plus i have to pay transport/postage back of defunct unit, lowrance will not give a guarantee they can fix replace the unit until they recieve it and check it out, even with the serial number before i send it off, now this is from both marine shops. bit sus i reckon, i have sent an e-mail to lowrance asking to confirm this and yet still no reply. can only wait now i guess.
cheers
joe.

jaybee
06-06-2003, 11:38 AM
well went and bought a furuno ls 6000 today 200khz 10 degree beam think it should do the job i need it for, not a fancy printout or pretty looking like the lowrance but it appears to be a quality functional product. just recieved an e-mail from lowrance the price to fix and or replace the x 75 is $249.50 inclusive off all costs i guess the marine shops need to get their act together. Wont be dealing with one in particular anymore.
cheers