PDA

View Full Version : Navman

klyons
19-01-2004, 06:18 PM
Evening all

I,ve got a little story I thought I should share. Recently while surfing(the net) I noticed on the Navman site that several of their previous models were software upgradeable. I have a 4150 so I made enquiries as to whether or not it was upgradeable. After several emails and 1 phone call it was determined that my unit version1.09 was indeed out of date and needed to be upgraded to 1.21. There was no one in this part of the world with a kit so I posted my unit to Navman in Sydney on Friday 9th. I recieved an airmail bag from Navman on Wednesday 14th containing a NEW #;D head unit as apparently my old one had a loose screen ??? ???. I hadn,t noticed any movement. Anyhow, I don't know if it was a dodgy old unit or just the updated software but the display is much better, sensitivity seems much better and today saw the first real arches.
In this day when service at most places is going down hill, it's nice to receive a surprise ;D ;D

Cheers

Kev

craigie
20-01-2004, 01:27 PM
G'day Kev,

Was this an expensive excercise or dare I say, a 'freebee' ::) ???

How do you rate the Navman Sounder and would you recomend them to other Fisher folk.

Will be purchasing a new sounder in the near future and interested to hear anything about the Navmans.

Cheers
Craigie.

klyons
20-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Craigie
Cost me nothing but the postage to Sydney,it was still under warranty.
I havn't used any other sounders so I can't give too much advise. Suffice to say,it holds bottom well with good definition. As for finding fish, it may be very good and me hopeless at catching them ???. Short of snorkling down to check who knows? It did track a spinnerbait superbly though ;)and no trouble tracking a 3kg downrigger bomb at 45ft.

Kev