PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder Watch!

basserman
13-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Just posting this as it something new! ::)

i was flicking through the april edition of Fishing World when i came across a new product from Humminbird
it is in the line of the smart cast fish finder (you know the one that you cast out on the line) well this on is almost the same but with one big diffrence and that is insted of a normal screen it is on a watch! it is only 22mmx23mm in size but said it has range sensitivity alarms and fish id on it! With a range of 25m and depth of 30m!

it just got me thinking and wondering What Will They Come Up With Next???

bungie
14-03-2004, 05:11 AM
"NOW FISHING IS AS EASY AS CHECKING THE TIME.
Just attach the Remote Sonar Sensor™ to your line and cast. Then watch as it wirelessly transmits real-time views of fish, bottom, and structure right to the convenient wrist mount display. The action is always easy to see, whether you're fishing or just scouting an area. Plus, you can quickly switch from one fishing spot to the next since there's nothing to carry. It's time to see what you've been missing. Strap on a SMARTCAST wristmount display, and take your fishing where it's never gone before."

Dunno if I like the idea of something like that on my wrist when I need to go for wizz :)

basserman
14-03-2004, 12:26 PM
wonder how deep the watch is water oroofed to??? :P

caveman
14-03-2004, 04:35 PM
ok you got me hooked how much are they, it would be perfect for when i hike into some of the gorge country chasing cod

cheers gary

Zeeke
14-03-2004, 05:14 PM
thats not all now Basser, Humminbird have also designed a rod mounted version that zipties/clips onto your rod just ontop of the foregrip on your rod, allowing you to have a rod mounted sounder.. you can get them brand new on ebay with 2 castable sensors for around $100US

Tim

Zeeke
14-03-2004, 05:18 PM
heres a pict of the wrist mount that basser is keen on.. and seems like Gary is too

Zeeke
14-03-2004, 05:20 PM
and the rod mounted one i was talking bout.. pitty it doesnt have top notch resolution.. like say a Lowrance x51

caveman
14-03-2004, 05:34 PM
not so keen on the fishfinding option, just depht sounder part as i,m always wondering just how deep that water is near that snag

Zeeke
14-03-2004, 09:02 PM
hey.... now your talking.. but how bout a depth sounder mobile phone with gps and plotter!! ooo.. with tide predictions and fishing predictions aswell as moon activity and weather sense!!

Tim

basserman
14-03-2004, 09:17 PM
not too keen on them myself but just blew my mind at what they are comeing out with!
but don't worrie tim you watch* it woun't be long and they will be as good as a x51

still has me wondering! next it will be a depth sounder mobile phone combo! :-X

blaze
15-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Hi all
How about a handline and hook, smelly bit of bait, maybe we al need to go back to basics sometime
cheers
blaze

goodoo
15-03-2004, 05:04 AM
does anyone know anything about the transducer end of this thing how does it affect things when you finaly get that once in a lifetime cod 100lb plus trying to get it in with a REMOTE WIRELESS SENSOR still attached to the line to me this offers something to think about at this point all i want on my line is the lure and the fish infact these things would be next to useless for anyone using lures how often do you drop bardies when hiking gorge country or even use bait in these places they may be fine for a looksee but now you will have to carry another rig just to suss out whats around the bottom of the boulder unless you use snaps for quick changes of lures maybee there is something i have not concidered or tought about but i know i wouldnt buy one lets have more views on these things as opinions like this are interesting

basserman
15-03-2004, 05:58 AM
i have a mate that owns a marine dealer here in port and he has sold two of them (not the watch of rod ones or the new mobile/gps/sounder combo) but he said they if they came with a attacment to fit the transducer to the hull he reconds he would of sold heaps as alot of blokes with car toppers have looked at them as some thing they can use ether in or out of the boat

caveman
15-03-2004, 09:31 AM
as far as it getting in the way of the big fish from what i can gather is you cast it out the retrieve it then put your lure on and cast the lure all it would take is a snap swivel on the tranducer to hook onto the back set of trebles thats my thoughts anyhows

cheers gary

p.s. if any one can get a price on 1 post it up pls

Bashir
15-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Either that or you could get a cheapo rod and cast it out with that - that way you could leave it there all day.

Doomy
23-03-2004, 11:52 AM
G'day,

I bought one of these units in a combo pack with a electric motor for $430.

I think RRP is about $240 for the sounder.

They do work and as I use a kayak it was better suited then a fullscreen unit. The tranducer is just tied to some leader and sits behind me untill I want a look under the water and I toss it out.

Hope this info helps.
Doomy