PDA

View Full Version : Bluecharts which one/s

FishFinger1977
21-04-2004, 05:34 PM
I recently got a bluechart cdrom and loaded it into my gpsmap60c, it has around 62 maps unlocked, about 10 or so are for moreton bay areas, you can only view one at a time unless they overlap and they do, showing quite different markings on the borders which is to be expected. any ideas on which one are best for navigating in Moreton Bay. Some show great amounts of detail and not many wrecks and so forth. There are discrepencies in the data as well you know the usual beacons not where they should be and the like. A good one is 236 a but maybe you know of better ones to use, please any help in this field would be great.

Take5
22-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Firts question is how old the data is.

Within an area where there are two overlapping charts of different scale -Nothin should appear on a small scale chart that isnt on a larger scale chart.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
22-04-2004, 10:02 AM
ONLY TRUST YOUR SENSES AT SEA #- everything else is just a guide. Don't make the heart & soul of your bay navigating a machine - learn to triangulate & look around a lot to learn your landmarks in the bay. That's an aside from your question.

chris

FishFinger1977
22-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Firts question is how old the data is.

Within an area where there are two overlapping charts of different scale -Nothin should appear on a small scale chart that isnt on a larger scale chart.

The maps are of version 5.5 last years I think as the new ones are version 6.0. there are quite a few differences however I think rather than sitting in front of my pc I should go out and see the differences with regards to depth and becon locations and more importantly go to my old marks and have a fish. Cheers mate.

FishFinger1977
22-04-2004, 03:43 PM
ONLY TRUST YOUR SENSES AT SEA #- everything else is just a guide. Don't make the heart & soul of your bay navigating a machine - learn to triangulate & look around a lot to learn your landmarks in the bay. That's an aside from your question.

chris
You are quite philisophical about your answer however quite right, I do always look carefully around and know most of the bay areas quite well just with this being a new toy I wanted to make sure I got the most. Thanks mate.