PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird Sounder Plugs

moondancer
06-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi folks - having pain in the a!#@##@ problems with the plugs in my Humminbird 25 falling out of their connection in the main unit in rougher weather. - power lead/ gps aeirial connection, etc. >:(

Seems that the plugs somehow get loose , and any bit of pounding throws them off, which is a major pain when navigating at night, or trying to plot a course, etc. and you loose all power!!
Spoke to the Humminbird guys at the Redlands Fishing Challenge and they said they had never heard of this problem,

Would appreciate any ideas to fix this if anyone knows, or has had to deal with similar problem.

Ta, Lawry.

bungie
06-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I seem to remember there being a metal support plate inside the mounting bracket on the dash that stopped the cables from being able to fall out. Did you fit yours ?

Gaz_2000
06-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I havae a matrix and have no problems like this.

Bungie is right, there should be a metal mounting plate that hold the cables into place.

If this is fitted correctly I can not see how they can fall out, however if this is not fitted then the plugs will definately fall out.

moondancer
07-07-2004, 05:04 AM
Hmmm....thanks guys...there doesn't seem to be a metal plate ...sounds like I need to chat to a humminbird dealer and get hold of one. Bought the boat like this.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Lawry

Gippslander
06-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I have the same problem with my humminbird. Shuts down if the boat slams. I thought maybe a little silastic into the connections.

Angryant
06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Can you post a photo of the back of your unit and the plugs for the connecting cables?

oldboot
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
For gods sake......don't put selastic in your connectors....I can see a world of problems from that.

Have you gone to the manufacturers web site and down loaded the manual to see what should be there.....there has to be some way of locking the plugs in place.

cheers