PDA

View Full Version : MATRIX SOFTWARE

bazzthebarra
13-06-2004, 12:33 PM
HI FISHERPEOPLE,
JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE FROM THE MATRIX SITE THAT CAN LET YOU CHANGE SETTINGS ON THE DISPLAY. eg. TEMP FROM FARENHEIT TO CELSIUS AND MILES TO KILOMETERS. jUST LANDED A NEW 67 MATRIX COMBO FROM THE STATES AND IT IS BLOODY AMAZING. LUV IT. ONLY THING IS THE TEMP READINGS ETC. NOT A HUGE WORRY BUT I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THE QUESTION IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD SUCH IMFORMATION.
THANKS BAZZ.

bay_firey
13-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Bazz

Not sure, about the results you are after, I have downloaded and installed an update for my 55 but don't know if it would give you metric settings.
I would imagine those sort of settings would be set a little deeper than the user ugradeable software.
But I am by far no expert so could be well off the mark

If downloading the upgrades from the Matrix USA site there is no mention of not using those upgrades for international models so I would think that the base settings are not affected by those upgrades.

caveman
14-06-2004, 11:30 AM
from what ive been told if you got it from the states then they are the settings you are stuck with

Zeeke
14-06-2004, 11:33 AM
im pretty sure i made a post here last night... must of been deleted.. weird.. anyways

Mate, your stuck with the settings the way they are.. ive got a matrix 25 from the US and ive inquired about getting software to convert to celcius or anything like that, cant be done... you might be able to get BLA service center to set it up.. but they will probably charge an arm and a leg to get it converted...

Tim

bazzthebarra
17-06-2004, 08:46 AM
thanks for the input guys, not really concerned about the imperial settings. i,m really impressed with the unit though.
cheers bazz.

Burley_Boy
18-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Could I just ask you how much you paid, who from and how it got freighted and processed through customs.
I'm looking at upgrading as well.
Thanks

bazzthebarra
09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
hi burley bob,
sorry for the late mail, been on holidays and just got back. I ordered it thru online marine in the states, very good to deal with, payed by credit card and was posted via UPS. It took about 8 days to land on my door and the shipping tracking was very impressive. At any time of the day i could log on and quote a tracking number and it would tell me exactly where it was. eg. it even told me it was in hawaii and had been delayed 15 minutes due to bad weather. The unit cost me $730.00 dollars australian and that included gst and shipping. I brought it when the ozzie dollar was about 71-72 us cents. I,m not sure what the equivalent model in oz costs but i,m guessing around $1300 or $1400 dollars??? The only advice i would give is to ask if they sell an international model which will allow you to get metric readings. Mine is a Matrix 67 and i'm very happy with it. hope this helps.
bazz.

coyote3
15-07-2004, 02:51 PM
bin there done that learn to live with it fellas,,its not so hard if your over 50 years..