PDA

View Full Version : Sounder problem

stacer_seagull
20-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Speaking to a mate,and he was telling me that with his sounder,when he is sitting idle in the boat he gets the correct depth reading, but when he starts to move,the sounder starts flashing and gives you a incorrect reading, has anyone come across this problem before.

mackmauler
20-07-2004, 08:11 AM
seen that before. the wiring was coming away from the transducer, failed completely not long after. probably going to be a hundred theories ;D

Burley_Boy
20-07-2004, 08:33 AM
I'll go with that one. In any case the transducer is having problems sending its info to the sounder unit assuming it is able to gather any information in the first place, and that can be anything from dicky cabling to really really bad setup of the transducer.

Heath
20-07-2004, 08:35 AM
has the sounder always done this or is it a recent problem?

stacer_seagull
20-07-2004, 08:49 AM
thanks for the info guys,have told him and he will try a few thiings next time out..Not to sure if it is recent as he just bort the boat,but was told of the problem when he bort it.

Dr_Dan
20-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I know it sounds simple, but had a simple thing happen to me once. The transducer was flipping up when under way, giving it a false reading. Just needed to clip the trasducer back into place, and it was working again.

Hope this helps!

dan

Heath
20-07-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm thinking along the same lines as Dr Dan. I suspect it is the location of the transducer.

aquarius
20-07-2004, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem with my last boat.......Transducer setup needs to be almost perfect to give a good reading at speed.
My old boat had plenty of holes bored in the transome before i got close to a good reading..lol
It may be a good idea to seek advice from a marine dealer on the best place to mount your transducer.
Cheers #Brent
ps; not guilty on the holes in this boats transom..lol