PDA

View Full Version : Matrix PC connection kit ????

Black_Rat
25-08-2004, 12:21 PM
G'Day all,

I have a Humminbird Matrix 15 sounder & GPS and was thinking about buying the 'PC Connection Kit'. My question is to those of you who might have a Matrix and the 'PC Connection Kit'? In your opinion is it worth the $50 or so dollars for the Kit to upload more info or software to the units or is it just another gizmo for these units with no real benefit for the $50 outlay for the average angler ???

Black_Rat

caveman
25-08-2004, 03:03 PM
i bought it used it once and havn't used it since if you like mucking around on the pc then go ahead

bungie
26-08-2004, 02:18 AM
They release software updates for the unit, need the cable to update the machine.
If you have the GPS and sound connected then you can store GPS points in the sounder. Best part is you can have different files of points for different areas, one for the bay, one for off the gold coast, one for the pin. You can upload to the sounder just the file you need for your trip. Means less points to scroll through to get to the one you want. Only thing is it has a connection for a 9volt battery, I found this didn't work to well and got a small 12 sealed battery and changed the connections.
The separate files for different areas, lets you share your points with others who have matrix too(email the whole file), but only for the area (file)you want to give out ... bay, coast, pin etc.

Register you unit on line with humminbird and they will tell you if there is a software update available for your unit. That might push you on way or the other.

Ohh, and it makes putting in lots of points easer using the PC