PDA

View Full Version : which sounder?????????

DALEPRICE
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
going to the boat show on saturday to purchase the new sounder. still having last minute thoughts on which one to purchase. currently going for the furuno fcv 600l . have had good reports on this sounder but has anybody got or heard of anybody with a garmin. either the fishfinder 250c or the 320c . all colour sounders but just not sure which way to go.
any help with this topic would be very much appreciated.
thanks
dale price

searaider
04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi Dale ,
Just saw your post , Gee I thought some one would have come back to you with some idea's .( you know my opinion ) ;D
Did you buy one today ?
I 'll be in there tomorrow sussing out all the toys .

Catch ya later
Peter
Searaider 2

Tony_N
04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
G'day Dale

This is a topic that comes up a lot and probly people are getting a bit tired of responding to it. The best advice I got to a similar question came from Banshee who has a very good reputation on this site for his expertise and experience (and sense of humour) to look very seriously at the Furuno 600L. The special price I got mine for has been extended to september by EMJAY

http://www.emjay.net.au

At $1249 with a temp transducer you really cant go past it. I guess if you can stretch your budget a little further, you could go to the more powerful 582L at $1729. Anyway the site is worth a look - there are other specials available. I still haven't been able to get mine out on the water - but feedback from members of my local fishing club is that the 600L is a seriously good machine.

FWIW

Tony

basserman
04-09-2004, 02:50 PM
well just in the market for a new sounder my self but with a good mate and close freind that also owns a marine dealership im getting mine for cost ;D
JRC Plot 500f

coulor sounder and chart plotter in one
although i will keep my GPS that i use now but it will be conected
costing me $1250.00 ;D