PDA

View Full Version : depth sounders

Hobes
27-11-2004, 06:25 PM
G'day from the beef capital! Just bought a garmin 120 fishfinder today and rigged it up but found something strange... I couldn't get the sounder to work and when I took open the fuse, the fuse itself was gray and almost like it is just a spacer...... anyone seen this before?

Oh btw, how does the garmin range of sounders compare to eagle/lowrance? Is it just personal preference?

blaze
27-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the site hobes
I have a garmin 250c and I am happy with it
The fuse issue seems a bit strange, put a multi meter on it and check or go and get a new one, I reckon it would only be a 1 amp fuse
prob no help
cheers
blaze

searaider
28-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Hobs ,
I would have to agree with blaze , try it with a multimeter .
Some of the low voltage electronic equipment we use at work have some some strange looking fuses . They dont have a glass centre , more like a solid cyramic centre between the end caps . I think they they are a greyish /white colour .

Regards
Searaider 2

MAL
28-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Hob's, i agree with blaze and Searaider 2, but where is the beef capital. I be thinking the NT may be.
Cheers Mal. ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Fitzy
28-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi Hob's, i agree with blaze and Searaider 2, but where is the beef capital. I be thinking the NT may be.
Cheers Mal. ;D ;D ;D ;D.

That's Rockhamptons claim to fame.

Big_Tuna
03-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Dont know about the fuse, but personally if you want to spend a bit more money, I prefer the Lowrance color finders I use the LMS-335CDF, Garmin is one of the top sonars though and its just a matter of choice.