PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance X45...

James_V17L
16-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I have a X45 that was in my boat when I bought it.
I did a few searches & couldnt find much about this
model...I am guessin its a basic entry level sounder.
I see alot of you talking about the X125 & few other
models...Would anyone know how the X45 would compare
to lets say a X125...I know I should go & sus one out
but I would like your opinions first..instead of a salesman
pushing the issue....Thanks,James.

Bowser
17-01-2005, 07:34 AM
James, I am getting intercepted on the Lowrance site, but the X45 is a very basic set mainly confined by it's small pixel count. In simple terms the higher pixel count the greater definition and identification of fish in the range being viewed. Basically if the depth range you are viewing is 20 metres and you have 168 vertical pixels, each pixel represents approx 12 centimetres. This means that a 5 cm fish is probably not goin to show up or id it does will be a single dot in depth. With a 480 vertical pixel screen in the same depth each pixel represents approx 4 cm and therefore you are going to get a greater representation of fish in the cone, especially those on the edge of the cone. From memory the 45 is 168x132 pixels, whereas the 125 is 480x480. If you look at the screens it is as clear as dogs thingamies, the 45 will appear very blocky besidethe 125. In general it is better to buy a sounder with the highest pixel count you can affors, although it is not the only consideration. Power output also needs to be considered, especially if fishing in deeper water outside the bay. Hope this helps.

James_V17L
17-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info Bowser...
I think I will have to have a look at a few sounders
but going by the general consensis around here
the 125 seems to be the best bang for your buck..
Thanks again..James