PDA

View Full Version : GPS Receiver price

Nathanrb4
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
My gps receiver fried itself a month or so ago when it some how got water into it. it wasn`t alot but it was enough to stuff it. It turns out that its not covered by warranty even though it was fitted by a dealer. So now i`m on the market for a new one. The place i rang this afternoon quoted me $512 for it. Its an Eagle GPS but it uses the same receiver as the Lowrance ones. i`m just wondering if this is the price range i`m looking at or if it`s just Bais Boating being expensive?
cheers nathan

finga64
02-03-2005, 05:04 PM
mate, ring around is the best way. Don't be shy when your talking turkey with them. Bluffing can sometimes get you a good deal..also look on Ebay.com.au to get an idea on pricing. There are some dealers on ebay trying to get rid of them.
Bugger about the old one though, it would make me think about getting the same type again. ???
good luck ;D

banshee
02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
G'day Nathan,I have one in the for sale section,it is just over twelve months old and in very good condition.If you phone Lowrance on 1800 650 629 they will be able to tell you if it is compatible or not,if it fits the bill,make me an offer.

Nathanrb4
02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
finga64 i don`t think it was anything to do with the actual receicer i think it was more to to with be sh!t job the place i brought my boat off did in fitting it. i never looked at it untill it stopped working as it was glued to the top of my console. when i pulled it off, instead of being sealed the whole way around it was fixed with only 4 blobs of sealant.
banshee i`ll call in the morning and if its compatable i`ll be in contact.

hicksy
03-03-2005, 02:55 AM
If it is outside the warranty period, Lowrance will sometimes exchange the unit at cost price. They have done this for me before. Give them a ring and ask them about it. I got mine upgraded as well. Saved heaps