PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder

ismail
01-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi,
Ive never owned and dont know much about fish finders. Can anyone help me in regards to what are good makes and models for begginers to use and understand.

Billo
01-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I use a Lowrance X51 ( new model is the X52 )
This is a pretty basic model , easy to use and relatively cheap ....also reliable .
Good for the bay and inshore reefs , although once you get into water over 50 metres they can become a bit harder to read and not as clear a picture ....you may need to get a better model if your fishing deep water and want a detailed image

There is a HEAP of posts in here about reading sounders and how to set your sounder up.
Most sounders are relatively easy to use when it come to the basic applications ....it is the more advanced settings that take a while to figure out effectively.
I am sure you will find all you need to know about how to read them through old posts , if your looking for advice on which sounder to purchase , suggest you let everyone know the $ you are allowing yourself to spend , then we can get an idea of what ius the best option in that price range .

aquarius
01-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Ismail get the most vertical pixels you can aford........gives a more detailed display on the screen.
I agree with Billo about the x51......great sounder at a budget price.
240 by 160 pixel count.
Cheers Brent