PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance x107c

agnes_jack
21-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Anyone own one of these?
Just after comments on these units or better alternatives.

Regards, Tony

Lucky_Phill
21-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Nice unit Tony.

I firmly believe that colour sounders will outperform LCD's in deeper water, everytime.

I have recomended the Lowrance X125 to many who fish the bay and surrounds down here. Top unit and although Black & White, has a very good pixel count ( 480 x 480 ), as does the unit you are asking about.

So, I am unsure of the $ difference, but the 125 and the 107C seem to be the same unit, only the 107 is colour ( hence C ).

If you intend using in your ' Trout " spot. sssssssshhhhhhhhhh, I'm sure you will see thins you didn't know was there before using a black & White model.

Lowrance themselves are a big company and produce a great product.

I also would not be adverse to importing it from the good old US of A, with the dollar rate not bad at the moment.

Cheers Phill

Fishinmishin
21-05-2005, 01:17 PM
If you are talking about the X107cdf (colour- dual frequency) than it seems the go for a sounder around a grand. Almost double the watts as X125 and X102c with the same pixels but dual frequency. All-around one of the best responces for that price at the moment. When I find more stock, I'll be buying one ready for the new rig. PM me what prices you find if looking Tony as your welcome to use 'I'll buy 2 at the right price' to negotiate as I'm keen on one.
Cheers, Jay

Brejen
21-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Guys not sure if this helps but i know of a site in the states that has them for 549US/ 723 AU. When i ordered a MATRIX system (from a different site tho) that cost me $22 AU freight landed in five working days. If you are interested i'LL PM the site to you. Just not sure if we are allowed to post the link on the page or will it be removed. I know that this site also has better prices for different things when you make an inquiry.
Brett

skippa
21-05-2005, 03:48 PM
G'Day Tony,

Well I know I want one, Just finished having a play on the lowrance site. Good unit for the money. Reckon they'll work well for Moreton Bay and some offshore work too.

Cheers,
Tony 8)
PS I'll let you know when I get one ;D

Sportfish_5
21-05-2005, 05:17 PM
$1070 @ BIAS Geebung and had plenty of stock last week.

They look the goods.

Cheers

Greg

Fishinmishin
22-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Banshee, more than a unit a year replaced. If personal units, what the hell do you do to them?
Cheers, Jay ;)

agnes_jack
22-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey Jay!
Let me know if your'e serious about buying one, at this stage I have another definite buyer, so that would be 3 units if you are in. May give us a little bargaining power!!

Regards, Tony

banshee
22-05-2005, 03:22 PM
"I firmly believe that colour sounders will out perform LCD's in deeper water,everytime."
Don't exactly know what your saying phill,but I will take a stab that you are saying that a CRT(Cathode Ray Tube) will blow away an LCD in deep water?If this is so I have to disagree,I would put my Furuno colour video FCV 582 with it's active matrix LCD screen up against a 600 watt CRT any day,the fact that the ray tubes are no longer available in sounders is proof that they are yesterdays technology.
While on the subject of Lowrance,Humminbird and the other sealed units,why would any one shell out that sort of money on something that is not repairable?I had a lowrance sounder and I still have a GPS,I cannot fault their service,something like twelve units replaced in the last ten years all at no cost to me,but if they go out of warranty your up for a prorata price on the replacement unit for two years,then after that it goes in the bin and your on your own.My choice would have to be a Furuno,Koden,JRC etc,granted the Furuno 600L or the JRC FF 50 are going to be a few hundred bucks dearer but they are repairable down to the component.I've had my 582L for three years now,it has not missed a beat,the GPS that lives next to it has been replaced three times in the same time span.In my opinion if the manufacturer your looking at does not make a commercial unit then they are not going to produce a decent offshore sounder.

banshee
22-05-2005, 03:24 PM
G'day Jay,yes all my own units out of my boat,all bar one got a healthy dose of moisture under the screen,I don't think they like the early morning starts when it's misty,could have some thing to do with having the units light on pre dawn causing condensation,not sure,the one that didn't fog up just failed to fire on morning,but as I said,you can't fault this companies warranty policy.

Fishinmishin
22-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Tony I'm definately in. Just tell us what price your at and I'll tell you the best I can find. Power to the people ;D.

agnes_jack
23-05-2005, 04:08 AM
No worries Jay
I will investigate prices etc this week.

Cheers, Tony

bignick
24-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I've got one and, let me tell you, they are the goods. They sound quite well at speed and show good bottom definition. Yet to try it out in the big water, but that will be rectified this weekend hopefully. $915-00 at Trymax Marine at Capalaba. Definitely worth a look.

Cheers,
NICK.

tengals123
24-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm after one too. That makes it 4 units. $915.00 each sounds like a good price, from what ive found. When are we looking at doing this?

cheers

agnes_jack
26-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Tengals
Got 2 definates, jay if your still in, and you.
If we all start looking for prices, and post results here, we may be able to organise a deal. If we buy from the states there will be no warranty !!
In my opinion I would prefer the back up of an Aussie warranty. This would mean we would be looking for the best price in Aus.
What do you guys think ??????
As for timing, if everyones ready, just got to be sure we have the best price.
Regards, Tony

ps.. How about we all check as many places as possible tommorrow morning, based on 4 units, and post prices up here by say 4pm tommorrow, and make a descision.

tengals123
26-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Im in, sounds good to me. Are you guys paying by credit card, i'd prefer to as I get the 'points'.
:)

cheers

agnes_jack
26-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Can do that Tengals ;)
whatever is easiest.

Regards, Tony

DR
27-05-2005, 07:10 AM
if your considering overseas at all, shoot these guys an email.
http://www.threeriversmarine.com/Lowrance117-37.htm
AUD$719. he says he will ndo better than MAP listed.

boughta vhf radio 1/2 Aust. price. ordered lunchtime Fri. had it first thing next thurs.

agnes_jack
27-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Looks like wynum marine has the best price so far at $890.
Any better deals ???

Regards, Tony

Fishinmishin
27-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Got BIAS at $910 ::) ;D for 4 units but they recon lucky to find anyone with stock at the moment but they should be on 1st week of June. Howd you go?
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
27-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Damn, I type too slow and you beat me. Gotta sharpen the pencil ;D.

Fishinmishin
27-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Bias Slacks creek recon theyll beat that price but won't quote a price to play price wars ::) >:(. Said if we come in with a deposit, theyll beat it by more than a couple bucks but don't have stock at the moment. It's your guys call as they didnt give ant concrete statements.
Cheers, Jay

tengals123
27-05-2005, 08:56 AM
if we can get for $870 or less, let's buy, that's what I say. The best price I had here in Melbourne was $950.00 :(
I'm happy to wait a few weeks for it no drama's.

let me know.
cheers

agnes_jack
27-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I think we will have to wait for stock wherever we go so if Bias will beat $890,
sounds like a goer ;D

Tony

tengals123
27-05-2005, 09:12 AM
yep, im in.

Fishinmishin
27-05-2005, 04:29 PM
OK. Now we need $. I'll go there and put down a deposit after I'm happy with the price. I need your guarantee that you'll stick with it if I call you with the price and your happy. Please send me your ph. #s and I should be able to get there tomorrow or Sat.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
27-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Tengals, don't know about $870 as $890 seems a damn good price.

tengals123
27-05-2005, 05:25 PM
yep, your right $890.00 is good. Im in melbourne and need to pay by credit card. If they can send by post and with insurance, mate it's all done.
email me at grant_78_78@hotmail.com

cheers

Fishinmishin
17-06-2005, 05:32 PM
It seems there is still no new stock in Australia ::). They said they could say 1-2 weeks max as Lowrance now tells them but they state that they don't take what Lowrance says as solid truth. I'll jump on their backs late next week again and there is always an option for anyone to pull out if it becomes way too long of a wait. Tony, do you have any of those TLD25 with Backbone roller tip 24kg combos. If so, what would the cost be for one mailed to Brisbane. Please PM me if so.
Cheers, Jay

Daintreeboy
17-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Guys, what's the diff between the 107 and 102C? The Fish & Boat mag has the 102C for 890 bucks and it looks pretty good. I may be in the hunt for one so if you could help on the difference it would be great. Also, any rough prices on the LMS 480 M DF plotter/sounder?
Thanks, Mark.

Fishinmishin
17-06-2005, 09:07 PM
The 102cdoes not have dual frequency which means it runs the same beam spread, whatever the depth, which means in deep waters you could be picking up a rough area of a couple footy fields which doesn't help put you ontop the action. It also runs 300w RMS output where the 107 runs 500w output which states a depth reading of 775mt instead of 279mt. Now that sounds like an overkill but they rate the depth capabilities in absolute optiumum conditions (water calarity, salt and temp levels etc.) which means for a better idea of weak signal return, turn the meters to feet. So whatever the depth, the return quality pictured on the 480 x 480 pixel screen is not gonna leave much to be desired. Both good units, but the 107cdf is worth a couple extra $. If you want one, PM me, but stock times are ???.
The LMS 480 is not a bad unit, but stand alone units make life a lot easier. The casing and screen are the same one used in the 107cdf but it is only greyscale and the sounder strength is much the same as the 102. I've gone for the GPSMAP 172c as a plotter only, which can ??? be used as a 500w sounder also with the purchase of the GSD 20 black box although will not have 1/2 the functions of a stand alone sounder :-/. Good luck ;).
Cheers, Jay

tengals123
18-06-2005, 05:44 AM
im still in. Jay, i was in sydney last week and dropped into bias in....mmm i think out chatswood way and they had 1 in stock. he offered it to me. are they pulling our legs?

cheers

Daintreeboy
18-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks Jay that helped heaps. Any idea on a price though for the LMS unit? IT would suit me as using in shallow waters and in a small tinny. From what you've said, the 107 is the way to go for the other boat but it's my brothers so I'll chase him up this weekend and get back to you on that one mate.
Cheers, Mark.

Fishinmishin
18-06-2005, 01:08 PM
LMS = $500 USD. Not too sure of their longterm reliability so if buying in Australia you should be able to work one down to around $1000 ???.
Cheers, Jay

propdinger
18-06-2005, 04:34 PM
bias at tingalpa said to me the otherday that they are having trouble getting lowrance untis. and i wasnt even looking at buying one so it must be true (one would think)

Fishinmishin
18-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I know the mob at Bias slacks creek. I will know when they get stock and with there buying power, they should be one of the 1st to get new stock. Chatswood must have a unit left from the 1st delivery which was in May but I'm sure you'd pay a bit more for it.
Cheers, Jay

agnes_jack
19-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Still no news Jay?

Regards, Tony

tengals123
19-06-2005, 01:53 PM
im happy to wait :)
Standing by..........
cheers

Fishinmishin
19-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Well I'm waiting, but getting sick of it >:( :-[. Hopefully soon but easier for me to accept as my boats two weeks behind schedual :'( :'(.
Cheers, Jay

insanefisho
19-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Why dont you download the simulator of the unit from lowrance web-site and check it out ?

agnes_jack
20-06-2005, 08:42 AM
Thats too frustrating, insanefisho!!!

Regards, Tony :-/

tengals123
20-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I have downloaded it and played with it for months.
love that unit.

cheers

skippa
21-06-2005, 03:47 AM
G'Day Tony,

I've been lucky enough to have a 107c now for a couple of weeks. Attached are 2 photos of it in action. It's very easy to use, especially as I came from a Lowrance x91. I normally use it in split screen mode, but on this occasion I was showing Mrs skip how to read it (and why I needed to spend $890 to help get better fishing results #;))

I've found it a very clear unit with plenty of power and the color makes it easy to read too. The way I've set mine up is with some overlay info to keep an eye on things.
The top figure is Depth
Water Surface Temp in cel
Next is your speed in MPH
Distance travelled in MPH
and last is Volts (battery con)

These 2 pics were taken on a reef up in the Whitties (more about that later) from memory off Hook Island near Hayman and Langford Reef. The speed reading was our drift speed.

All in all it's easy to use yet still a powerful little unit that doesn't cost the earth. Mine was bought from Wynnum Marine... the guys there couldn't have been more helpful. They ordered one in and it only took 3 days, I guess I must have been lucky, but I did stress to them that I needed/wanted it soon as I was heading North and wanted it onboard before then. They did say there could be trouble getting one as they wre unsure on Lowrance's instovk levels of this unit.

Cheers,
Tony # 8) PS not connected with Lowrance or Wynnum Marine, just happy user.

skippa
21-06-2005, 03:56 AM
These 2 pics show some larger fish hanging off bait fish around one of the many Bommies. The larger fish turned out to be Red Throat Emperor.

tengals123
21-06-2005, 06:07 AM
thanks for the informative post.
I can't wait till i finally get my unit.

Cheers

agnes_jack
21-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Skipper!!
It looks good mate. I think mine may be on its way today :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards, Tony 8)

Fishinmishin
21-06-2005, 01:34 PM
OK. Finally :P got two units ;D. Sorry Tengels, but one is going up to Tony as he was 1st in. Two more are on the way and they recon that they are slowly regaining stock in Australia. He assures me that the others will be in 2 weeks max (hopefully sooner and mabey can get some from another store sooner) ::) :-[. Are you still OK with waiting 2 more weeks Tengels or if you know of another store having stock, PM me and I'll insist he sends them from there. The 4th unit is heading up to Tony's mate and should also be a couple weeks max. If anyone else is interested for sure incase they get extra stock with the next order, speak now or forever hold your peace. Sorry Tengels... :-/ :'( :(.....hopefully soon ;).
Cheers, Jay

tengals123
21-06-2005, 02:38 PM
:'(
kidding. That's fine, no drama's, aslong as you keep in touch and let me know when it's in straight away. I'm hanging for it. Let me know how yours goes. Hopefully they will get it in in the next few days.

cheers

tengals123
28-06-2005, 12:20 PM
any updates?
Firstly on how your are going?
secondly on whether or not mine is in yet?

cheers

Fishinmishin
29-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Finally arrived [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] so off to Tengals and Tony ASAP.
I hope to see some reports of what fish they find you soon as mine is still downstairs waiting for the new rig :-/ :'(.
Cheers, Jay

agnes_jack
29-06-2005, 10:56 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards, Tony

tengals123
05-07-2005, 03:33 PM
I am paying for mine tomorrow, should have it by the end of the week. It's been along wait, but its comming now. Thanks to all involved who helped me out on this one. BTW, has anyone actually got their's hooked up and used it on the water yet?

cheers

Fishinmishin
05-07-2005, 04:21 PM
STILL waiting for the new boat >:( >:( :-[ :-/ :'(.
Cheers, Jay

tengals123
05-07-2005, 05:37 PM
IT MUST BE KILLING YA jAY.

CHEERS :P

agnes_jack
06-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Both units now installed :D
One on my mates offshore boat, one on my new tinnie!
Just need some time and weather for the first test run.

Regards, Tony

skippa
06-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Tone, U'll love it, especially if u came from a black & white job ;D

Plus it has twice the power of my old Lowrance.

Cheers,
Tony 8)

agnes_jack
07-07-2005, 04:44 AM
Sounds good Tony :D
Probably won't get a go with them till next week :-/

Hanging!!!!!!!!

Regards, Tony 8)

tengals123
07-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Well I got MINE tis morning..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thankyou very much JAY. It's great to know there are people like you still around. You followed through with getting me one, even when you had already received yours. I payed for it yesterday and recieved it Melbourne today. Now that's service.
Thanks to all others that made this deal possible. Im naturally rapt!

Just gotta finish the boat and catch some fish now!

cheers

agnes_jack
07-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah Tengals
A big thanks to Jay for his help and persistance.

Regards, Tony

Fishinmishin
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
I felt kinda greedy keeping one of the 1st without my boat ready, making you wait for the next lot Tengals :-[.
So your both welcome. Brought down all of our prices anyway ;).
Cheers, Jay

Sportfish_5
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Thought I saw your cruiser on the gateway this afternoon with a centre console in tow Jay ???

Cheers

Greg

agnes_jack
12-07-2005, 09:56 AM
X107cdf
Mate took his new sounder for a run on saturday.
Results--Stunning!!!!!
Showing a close to perfect picture at 4500 revs!!!!!
Running it over areas such as some of our trout grounds, has shown that we didn't really get to see what was there, until now. ;D
Can't wait to get out and have a look myself.
A pair of very happy customers :D
I will try and get some on-the-water photo's later this week!

Happy, happy, happy Tony ;D ;D ;D

tengals123
12-07-2005, 10:42 AM
mmm...sounds good

cheers

Daintreeboy
12-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Right that's it Tony I'm gettin one. ;)

Fishinmishin
12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah Greg, wasn't mine though :'( :'(. Just took Vic1 for a run in the north bay.
Cheers, Jay

yockman
25-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi guys,
interested to hear how these new soundes are working. especially if you're getting them into deep water
Cheers,
Yockman

Fishinmishin
25-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Not long now till mine is on the water ;D :'(.

Daintreeboy
18-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Where did you guys get this for this price. MY brother looks like he's getting one, Moffy's a chance and I'm chasing an X135. Will they still give it to us at this price?
PM me any one who knows if you could.
Thanks, Mark.

basserman
18-08-2005, 09:07 PM
mark wynnum marine at brissy has the x107cdf's for $890 when i brought mine a couple of weeks back and they did seem to be the cheapest for the whole lowrance range ;)

Fishinmishin
18-08-2005, 09:59 PM
PM me what unit you're after and I'll see what price I can get ;).
Cheers, Jay

tengals123
19-08-2005, 10:07 PM
yep, speak to Jay, he's a great man.
BTW have you used it yet Jay?

cheers