PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance X107cdf at the Boat Show ?

Hagar
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Help me out you shrewd shopppers who have done the boat show already . Am going for a new X107 at the show tomorrow . Popular unit with more than a few Ausfishers here . Trouble is am going straight after nite shift so will be basically brain dead and will have trouble finding my way in there let alone sniffing out the best deal . Has anyone seen a good deal for one there ? :o :o

Chris

basserman
01-09-2005, 07:58 PM
best deal i have come across but not from a boat show was $890 from wynum marine
so atleast thats a starting point for you

hercules
01-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Didn't see one at the boat show (talking to a few of the guys there they seem to be hard to get ). Was going there to buy one myself but got cold feet after talking to some people :-/
The above price is better than any price i was quoted at the show , but if you haggle you might be lucky but as i said not many shops seem to be able to get stock ::)
Craig

Hagar
01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys
That price from Wynnum was for a bulk buy if iI recall correctly so anything close would be good .

You got cold feet [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]. Wanna share some secrets ? Tell me you got it from the opposition pleeese .

Chris

basserman
01-09-2005, 09:25 PM
hagar that wasn't for bluk buy that is their price
i was up a few weeks ago and just walked into the shop and asked for their best price and that was the one i got
that was also the only thing i brought and only brought just the one so hardly bulk ;)
p.s. they said they always have them in stock ;)

hercules
01-09-2005, 09:34 PM
talking to one of the guys with the lowrance shirt on and he didn't think the unit would do what i'd like it to. Mainly talking about in 100+m of water . Even he said to go the furuno 582 but for twice the dollars the missus would kill me. The guys on this board that have the 107 say its good and i don't doubt them , its just that i don't want to upgrade again if i'm not happy so i came home empty handed.
Craig

basserman
01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
well i know some blokes that have them running out at 250m and 300m with our dramas but yes i do dout the 650m or what ever it is
will hopefully telly you after next week how they do go out in the deep blue seas

p.s. yes i do think that the jrc, furuno, and raymarines but for less than halve the cost it will depends on what you really want to do with it

i'm sure there aren't too many blokes that go fish much deeper than say 150m

hercules
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Agree basserman, not too many need a sounder to go that deep . Please let us know at what depth the 107 bottoms out at when you go out next.
Craig

bignick
03-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I bought mine from Trymax Marine at Capalaba for $915-00 about 4-5 months ago. Unfortunately (at the time) I also had to wait for stock to arrive. This should pose less of a problem now that their Head Office is at Tweed Heads. They take a bit of getting used to, as they are very menu-driven, but once you get your head around all the technical garb and work out what does what, they are an excellent sounder, being a genuine 500 watt RMS unit. Mine sounds well at speed in deep or shallow water and returns a beautifully clear picture. At $915-00, I reckon they represent good value for money, and that price included a temperature sending transducer. Most cheap colour sounders are just that: CHEAP. If these are anything like the good gear Lowrance has put out in the past, you should have a long and happy fishing life with one.

Cheers,
NICK.

agnes_jack
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Don't know how deep they will sound, but for the work 90% of fisho's do'
I reckon they are the ducks nuts!
Used mine in the shallows of the estuary a few days ago, just had to turn down the sensitivity a bit and it does that well too.
We have a unit on the mates cruise craft, and one on my 4.2 tinnie, both are performing beautifully. Best picture I have ever managed at speed, flat stick!
The specs on the unit claim a fair depth, I will check it and let you know.

Regards, Tony

P.S....4000 watts peak to peak, depth penetration to 760m.
One would imagine there would be no probs in 100-200m depths at the very least.

basserman
03-09-2005, 11:48 AM
well i was trolling today and the deepest i went was 150m and the 200 was still going good and starting to get a nice clear pic with the 50
mind you this was my first time useing it and still need to sort out how to get the best pics
only thing but it was droping out at speed but was pretty rough out there still a hell lot better than the X85 and i think when i get my head around it and sort all the settings out it will be alot better and might drop the transducer a bit (was useing the old transduce bracket!)
any got any tip on the 50 side of thing as it seemed to have alot of rubbish on the screen while the 200 was clear
P.S. no tuna [smiley=angry.gif] and only one flathead on the drop [smiley=angryfire.gif] oh well better than mowing the lawns ;)

agnes_jack
03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Basserman
When running at speed, just lower the sensitivity a bit, and bump the ping speed up to hyperscroll. We both have our transducers slightly lower than recomended, and are both getting clear pics at any speed. You can calibrate depth to allow for the difference if you wish. We put our speed sensors on opposite side to transducers, as this can make a fair bit of disturbance.
Check there are no sources of bubbles or disturbance near your transducer.
Don't know why your getting interferance on 50hz, havn't had that problem on ours so far.
I love mine!!!!

Regards, Tony ;)

yockman
04-09-2005, 12:51 PM
<aren't too many blokes that go fish much deeper than say 150m>

We do! That's where the tasties just get started down here (Tas), 200-400m.
Have been hoping to hear from x107 owners about how they perform in 200m+, cause I was thinking about buying myself one for Christmas,.
cheers,
yockman

jaybee
04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
My brother come up from Bruns to look at colour sounders, bought one yesterday morning at 8:30 am, before the boat show. recommended retail price $1475 reduced to $1275 then reduced by a further 15% and these people didnt have a stand at the boat show, go figure. we then went to the boat show and only one place could guarantee getting the sounder at a staggering $1300, boat show special only. we havent been to the boat show in 3 yrs now, and the last time we went we looked at tlds 25, and bought outside the boat show for 125 less, so after this one i, my bro and his mate agreed, no more boat shows for us. (maybe the next tinnie and tackle) what a con.
cheers
Joe.

bevnarch
05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
hi all i have the 107cdf and i reckon theyre great unit ,,i went down to the boatshow and got rick huckstepps dvd on how to use your lowrance sounder to its best . it goes for about 75 minutes and costs 30 bucks worth every cent..when you see how to set it up right i have no doubt reading the bottom in 500 feet is very possible................arch