PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance X107CDF sounder

rajawolf
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
After following a number of posts here about the Lowrance X107cdf sounder..I purchased one today.

I phoned a number of dealers on the Gold Coast, and the best price I could get was $1,170.00.

I remembered from a few post here that Wynnum Marine had sold them to a few Ausfish memebers #for $890.00 I think it was.

Anyway I rang them and yes they had one in stock and it was $890.00. I then used this price and re-phoned the Gold Coast dealers, but none would budge from their price from before. >:(

Just by chance before leaving for Wynnum Marine, I did a search on the net for Lowrance dealers on the coast, and up came B-C-F (Boating Camping Fishing) at Labrador.

I gave them a call and asked them would they match Wynnum Marine's price of $890.00, (thinking to myself no way will they match because they are nowhere near them) the salesperson said they would give them a ring and check the price, and get back to me.

5 minutes later the phone rings, and I was told they would be more then happy to match the price. :o ... So here I am with my new sounder, and very happy. #:)

bignick
04-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Good stuff. You'll be more than happy with it.

Cheers,
NICK.

Mishinoffishin
04-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Well done mate. $890 is a good buy. I still can get them for a touch less if anyone else is still looking as I know a guy at Bias. PM me if needed. Not trying to take anything away from your buy as $890 is much less then anyone else pays, just willing to help anyone else interested.
Cheers, Jay's bro

rajawolf
05-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Mishin_of_fishin,

I was going to send Jay or you a PM about one ..but i was in the spending mood today if u know what i mean..

skippa
05-10-2005, 09:21 AM
I've had mine since June and love it.
heres a pic of it in action.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

grumpyoldman
05-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Got mine from Wynnum. found them very helpful and their prices are good. Haven't fitted it yet but if I piccies like the brochure and the sample on this post, I'll be stoked. Good to know there's someone on the Gold Coast that can compete - long haul up to Wynnum. Haven't heard a bad word about the 107CDF, so I'm itching to offshore and give it a work-out ::)

rajawolf
05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
After seeing "skippa's" picture ..i had to get out the 12 volt power pack and play with it on the lounge room floor....It truly has beautiful colour and picture..cant wait aslo to get onto the water.

skippa
05-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Ahhh Yes,

But the trick is to get those lovely arches on the screen into the esky in the boat :-? :)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)
PS I know you guys will be happy with this unit.

nevd
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
This might sound like a silly question, but can anybody confirm the Lowrance X107CDF will operate in under 2 m of water reliably. I am asking the question because I have been caught with a Raymarine DS400x (same software as larger 500 and 600 versions) which cannot operate in less than 2 m of water unless range and gain is manually turned down thru the complicated menu. When the unit is turned off, it reverts to auto again and you need to go through the same process. Oceantalk say this is the way the unit is meant to work.

So my question is to make sure the replacement does not give me the same grief as the Raymarine unit.

Sportfish_5
06-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah it will but you will need to turn the sensitivity down otherwise you will have a screen full of crap. The menus in the Lowrance are easy anyway (as are the Rays ???)

Spend a bit of time on that raymarine and get to know it well because they are a good thing. Once u get used to the menu it will become second nature to go between auto/manual and set the upper/lower limits.

The only time I use the Lowrance 107 in Auto is when I am travelling. You will get more out if by fine tuning yourself.

Cheers

Greg

Kiktz
06-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Did that come eith maps included?
If so what maps ?

My mate is after one at the moment

Sportfish_5
06-10-2005, 06:16 PM
No maps - its just a stand alone sounder.

Greg

Kiktz
06-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Jes I am a idiot.................... [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

Can some one Punch me in the head [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]............ God knows I need it

I have just got off the phone talking sounders and GPS

My apologies to all [smiley=iloveyou.gif]