PDA

View Full Version : Furuno LS6000 sounder (help)

Any_Weather
20-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Just finding out if anyone out there uses a Furuno LS6000 sounder. I have one in my boat and have had it for about 4 years and am still playing around trying to get the best out of it. I do get a reasonable picture but unless there is a significate bait ball or a large school of fish it is hard to decipher to much at all. I generally fish in depths of between 35m and 70m. I get a good picture of the bottom at speed so I dont think the transducer itself or mounting is an issue but I think I must have some of the settings incorrect. Maybe I am expecting too much from the unit??? If anyone has some clues to try I would appreciate them.
Thanks
Lee

Tony_N
20-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Have you had a look at the postings in "Important Topics" which is just above #where you have posted. #Your sounder (I presume you mean the FCV600L) is a good one and should give you readings similar to those in the posts that I suggest you have a look at. #If they are not, maybe you could send some pics of what you are seeing for the experts to have a look at. Experimenting with the gain is a worthwhile exercise.

FWIW

Tony

Tony_N
20-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Damon33 posted a very useful set of instructions for settings for the the 600L. some time ago

Try the search fuction using the following

have the 600L colour and it's not like the 4100 mono its alot

If you can't find it PM me and I will send it to you. I'm reluctnt to post a copy of it here - I might be had up for plagiarism or defamation or something ::)

Tony

revs57
21-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I had ls6000....similar issues...traded it off for a new digital ds500x Raymarine...problem solvered..... ;)

Rhys

Any_Weather
21-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Revs57, mate thats not what I raelly wanted to hear but was thinking of doing something similar.

revs57
22-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry about that Any_Weather

Mine worked reasonably O.K. in shallowish water but when I asked more of it (over 30mts) it just couldn't deliver. I took it to Taylor Marine for service...they said it was working to spec...so I bit the bullet and replaced it...the best thing I ever did.

Rhys