PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION Lowrance 107c Owners

Brejen
16-11-2005, 09:11 AM
I was talking to the techs at Lowrance this morning re a question about my X85, in the course of conversation i mentioned that a few mates from here owned the 107's. They have asked me to put this up as they have been experiencing software problems with them and would like to hear from any 107 owners. They said that not all the units where faulty only some, and want to fix the problem at their expense.

Their number is 1300 784 244 this is for the head office at Tweed.

Hope this helps out.

Brett

Sportfish_5
16-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Brett

Did he elaborate more on the software issues ? I've had zero problems with mine (that I know of ::) )

Cheers

Greg

Brejen
16-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Greg all he said was that some of the units, probably only one batch, where having issuse with the software, they were not allowing all the functions to work.
He said they where having trouble obtaining the names of people who had brought the units to check to see if their units where playing up.
And if they where it was avery simple solution to fix and they would be wearing any cost incured. Might still be worth contacting them and having chat to them.

Brett

rajawolf
16-11-2005, 03:04 PM
The 107cDF #has a software version on the "software information" screen ...

For others to compare mine is below and I have had it now for about to 2 weeks.

Software Version: 1.5.0
Build: TT5320D

I did not record my old unit software infomation :( so I do not know if it is the same as this one.

One thing I do remember between the 2 units is that..some menu's are in a different position... IE to turn on "voltage" I have to enter :menu, "overlay data", then scroll down to "press enter to add" then scroll to "sensor data" and then tick "voltage box"

I know it was a lot easier then that on the old unit.

Also because I am running the unit on a battery in the house to test and learn the functions it will not stay set with the voltage on..but go's into demo mode all the damn time.

*****Ok just checked the downloaded version for use on your computer..and it is the same as my old unit...it is menu "overlay data"and every thing is in a box and you just tick them...***********

Damn the old unit was easier to use....

So now the question is ..do I have the old software or the new?
I assume it is the new, but it said made in Mexico, and came in a sealed box, no date when it was manufactured. >:(

cheers,

Tony

skippa
16-11-2005, 09:37 PM
No problems with mine Brett, all working fine ;)

bevnarch
17-11-2005, 10:02 PM
mines back at lowrance as we speak,,,it got into a habit of turning itself on , but apart from that its fine............rajawolf........instead of running your unit on a battery why dont you download the demo from the lowrance web site........................arch

rajawolf
17-11-2005, 11:48 PM
bevnarch,

I have the demo on my computer, my sounder was replaced with a new one about 2 weeks ago by Lowrance......and now the menu screens are different to the demo..they have changed the software or something.

Brejen
18-11-2005, 07:01 AM
rajawolf
Was your new unit from Lowrance or the dealer.

From what i could gather from the tec on Monday was this is the problem they are talking about that some of the units wouldn't allow all there functions to work. This would give the impression to me that the menu was different to the on i have down loaded onto my puter as well. All he said was that a batch of them was having this problem and they couldn't contact the owners of these units to have the problem fixed. From what he said i interperate that if you ring them they can tell you from serial # etc if that unit is part of the faulty batch.
Worth a free phone call IMO. You never know.

Brett

rajawolf
18-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Brett,

Thanks mate ...yes mine was from Lowrance @ Tweed Heads..I took it into them and they replaced it with this new unit.

Tony

bevnarch
18-11-2005, 11:31 AM
just rang lowrance they say my unit is cactus and they will replace it ......but the catch is they havnt got any stock untill after the 30th.........so its back to the old days for a while
very helpfull people and took time to answer any questions about the unit....arch

grumpyoldman
29-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I've just installed a X107CDF in my 1950 Signature. Boat has an unusual "cut-away" at stern and I was not happy with the idea of a transom mount so I settled on a "shoot-thru-hull". Found a "sweet spot" by pouring a bucket of water into the hull just behind a drain plug and got the "sleeping partner" to hold tranducer against hull - got a good reading, marked the spot, dried it out and stuck tranny in with Sikaflex. Last weekend I was getting solid bottom reading in 145ft at 20 knots!! At 6-10 knots, you could spot a a flounder I reckon - bloody awesome bit of gear. So far, I've had no problems but haven't tried all features. Comforting to know that Lowrance offer such good service if problems do arise - pleasant change, compared to the attitude of a lot of companies these days.

bevnarch
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
good news for all waiting on replacement sounders,,i rang lowrance today ,their shipment of sounders has arrived and are being sent out now......arch