PDA

View Full Version : You can Tell it's a Club Trip

wishey
16-11-2002, 02:54 PM
You can Blame the current bad weather we are going to have this weekend on the Victory Fishing Club.
Dont get me wrong, Its great to see it rain, but every time we have a trip at the moment, the wind blows a gail.
Hopefully, the wind blowing in the right direction this weekend should see a few whiting stirred up enough to get a feed.

jaybee
16-11-2002, 04:23 PM
where are you off to wishey, my mate got a nice feed off the sand pumping jetty last sunday morning between 7 and 9,30
cheers.

wishey
17-11-2002, 03:07 AM
Hey Jaybee
The club has a trip tonight down the Southport Broadwater,, and the way the weather is, I think i will be hiding up the Nerang some where.

jaybee
17-11-2002, 03:31 AM
yeh not real pleasent, but if they have had enuff rain it mite stir something up in the broadie, best of luck
cheers.

KD
17-11-2002, 06:52 AM
Heading up to Noosa river tommorrow to flick some shad's Hopefully the rain will stir up some action. I am keen to hear how the boardwater shapes up after a spot of rain.

sharkbait
17-11-2002, 09:31 AM
wishey - where is the victory club located? I have been interested in joining a club for a while but havent done anything about it yet. when does the year or season start? I will also be up the nerang somewhere tonight chasing whiting with a mate - hopefully the rain will hold off as I don't have a bimini - may have to seek shelter under a bridge...

wishey
19-11-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey Sharkbait
The Victory Club does not raelly have a home base as such.
But our club mainly fishies the Southport Broadwater, we have between 12 and 14 trips a year, and some of those trips are Go As You Please trips, and one surf trip over to South Straddie, and a trip up too Hook Point on Fraser Island.
If you want any more info on Victory or other clubs, you can contact me via the Bush n Beach club reports my phone number is in the club report.

sharkbait
19-11-2002, 07:03 PM
thanks, will check it out. we got 8 whiting up to 38cm and one decent bream while it was pouring down rain. Gave it away only to have the rain stop half an hour after leaving the ramp. how did you guys go?

wishey
20-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Yeah Sharkbait the rain was a bit to much at one stage, it did back off though at about 7.00pm.
As for the fish, well it was slow going for most of the night, but the quailty was quite good.
With 3 members getting 1 whiting each over 40cm, and myself catching the heaviest on the nite, which weighed 735 grams, it measured 42 cm.
Rob Kwiatkowski had the 3 heaviest on the trip, his best 3 whiting weighed 1.550 kilos.
Lots of catfish eels and a few toads drove us around the bend at times, but it was a good trip considering the conditions, everyone got a feed.

sharkbait
21-11-2002, 01:59 PM
42cm is a ripper of an elobow slapper - good stuff!