PDA

View Full Version : Lennox head

davinski
27-12-2002, 06:26 AM
Hi i am planning a trip to Lennox heads late January. I will have my reef hunter with me and would like to try off shore. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

David

argonautical
28-12-2002, 05:13 AM
hi Davinski,

Take your surfboard. Lennox can be an awesome right hander - getting in can be murder but.......then there is also "the Pass" at Byron....

Sorry can't help you with the fishing.

Argo

Lachie1
28-12-2002, 05:17 AM
G'day mate, i read something about lennox head ages ago and it said that there was good rock fishing for all species incl. sweetlip and big jew. sorry can't help u with the boat side of things :-/

Cheers, Lachie

argonautical
28-12-2002, 06:18 AM
Dav,
My daughter bought me a subscription to Qld Fishing Monthly as a Xmas present (what a girl!). Anyway there is a section each month on the Evans Head region written by Tony Zann. He puts his email address at the top of his articles - perhaps you could contact him. His addie t.zann@fishingmonthly.com.au

Hope this helps
Argo

jaybee
28-12-2002, 08:55 AM
From what my bro tells me, he lives at bruns, most of the lennox head guys usually put in at bruns or ballina. The river at ballina is firing on both mud and sand crabs at present, not much happening outside unless you can get to the 32 s off cape byron. hope this helps.
joe.

banshee
28-12-2002, 09:23 AM
G'day Dave,Although boats do launch at lennox I think it best to go to Ballina.There is isolated reef in close that hold mac's in summer but not much else.The more productive reef starts about 5 nautical miles out at the 32 fathom line,the 42 and 48 fathom line also has reef and is another 5 out again.This is broken ruble and reef and extends north to lennox(a fair haul by sea) and south for the same distance.These reefs are normaly fished on the drift.Evans Head to the south has a far more extensive reef system in close(10 to 20 fathoms) and can be fished at anchor.Often if Ballina is unsuitable,a good day can still be had at Evans.A bar report can be heard for Evans at
6.15 am on the ABC,otherwise you can just phone either tower at about 5.Bait shops open at 5 in both towns and Neil(Evans)or the guys at Ballina will point you in the right direction.Be aware that if we don't get rain soon water restrictions will move to level 5,this means you will probably start a war if you flush your motor.At present you can flush for 5 minutes no washing(if you can find a tap thats not newterd).
Regards banshee

banshee
28-12-2002, 10:43 AM
G'day again,just sent a few marks Via personal message but the machine froze up after I hit the send button,if you didn't get them let me know.